v. the bracebridge dinner, part two

"slipped into your skin and spent the night 'cause i feel like i'm a different man i feel it when i'm with you"

i feel it when i'm with you"

•••

season two, episode ten, part two

all of the guests are seated at a long table. lorelai stands at the head of the table with a camera.

"quiet please, everybody. before the, uh, button popping and the bloating can commence, say cheese." lorelai says with a camera ready in her hand.

"cheese!" everyone says except for a very unamused luke and jess and a very amused emilia.

"uh, now, ladies and gentlemen, damen und herren, um, the moment you've been waiting for, i give you the bracebridge dinner."

"whoa, whoa, hold it. we just need a quick minute, please." sookie tells everyone with a frantic look on her face.

"which will be starting in one quick minute." lorelai corrects herself.

"you ever think about that? you can't have a quick minute because it's always sixty seconds." bootsy says out of the blue.

"shut up." luke tells him.

"lorelai darling, who is the silver fox with the tight kneesocks?" miss patty asks lorelai.

"oh, that's claude. he's one of our regular servers, divorced and on the market."

"oh, well the uniform is interesting."

"all right. i'll have him bathed, powdered, and sent to your room." lorelai jokingly tells patty.

"what? oh, you joke? was that a joke?" miss patty says disappointed.

"lorelai, this is just beautiful. it's like something out of architectural digest. you should be very proud." richard tells his daughter.

"thanks dad." lorelai says surprised.

"your dress needs pressing." emily tells her daughter in her usual dry tone.

"thanks mom." lorelai rolls her eyes and sits down next to rory.

"your pod grandpa is still happy as a clam." lorelai says to rory.

"see, i told you this would be good for him." rory brags to her mother.

"when you're right, you're right." lorelai agrees.