iv. the bracebridge dinner, part one

"don't listen to what they say make up your mind, walk awayoh don't even give them the time of day"

make up your mind, walk away
oh don't even give them the time of day"

•••

season two, episode ten, part one

lorelai, rory, and emilia are building a snowman in the center of town.

well, more like lorelai and rory are building a snowwoman in the center of town and emilia is watching them with a half eaten donut in her hand.

"how do you like that mouth?" lorelai asks her daughter.

"um, it's not very mouthlike." rory replies still looking at the snowwoman in front of them.

"oh, i think it works." the older gilmore reassures her daughter.

"it's tilted to the side." rory complains to her mother.

"yeah, no, it was intentional. it gives her a unique expression."

"like she had a stroke?" emilia asks the older gilmore, smirking at her.

"fine, i'll just use the mrs. potato head lips. and i don't want to hear it from you emilia, you're just standing there, mocking us with that donut."

rory laughs slightly at her best friend and mother fighting but focuses on her mother's suggestion.

"no, forget it, leave stroke-mouth. it's not like we're gonna win this anyway."

"whoa, bad attitude." lorelai and emilia say at the same time.

"mom, face it. that is the single most incredible snowman i have ever seen." she says while pointing at the snow masterpiece next to theirs.

"i'm sorry, that snowman is way over the top, way too showy. it's screaming 'i'm incredible, i'm special, look at me.'"

"kind of the point of a snowman-building contest."

"hmm, i hate this man with every fiber of my being." lorelai grumbles to the two girls.

"he looks nice." rory tries to get her mom to drop the subject.

"he's a ringer." the older women confirms.

"how do you figure?" her daughter asks in disbelief.

"someone recruited him, promised him a handsome sum, financed his theatrical snowman accoutrements, so he could snatch victory away from a deserving local in order to bag the contest prize for himself."