xi. teach me tonight

"don't know if i'll see you again someday but if you're out there i hope you're okay"

but if you're out there
i hope you're okay"

•••

a/n: guys this was lowkey so hard for me to write, the drama is *chef's kiss* but i hate how jess leaves in the show and this is why i've been putting it off for so long lol anyways here you go my beloved readers (just call me lady whistledown)

•••

season two, episode nineteen, part one

"fifteen minutes left." the teacher calls out to the class who is currently taking a test.

jess sneaks in and sits next to emilia and behind lane.

"lane. lane." jess whispers towards the girl still taking her test.

"shh." lane tells the very distracting boy.

"i need a pencil." jess pleads, needing it to finish annotating his book so he can sneak it in emilia's bag later at work.

"I don't have one. ask your girlfriend." lane says absentmindedly, checking over her answers.

"then i need a pen." jess whispers back to the girl, ignoring her response and quickly checking to make sure that the girl in question didn't hear them.

"you only have fifteen minutes left." lane tells the boy.

"then i need the answers." jess pleads again

"there's a pen in my bag." lane sighs.

" i can't go through your bag."

"yes, you can." lane tells the increasingly needy boy.

"my mother told me never go through a lady's bag...at least, not until you're a couple blocks away. i'm just kidding, she never said that. though it sounds like pretty good advice, doesn't it?" jess rambles as lane rolls her eyes.

"take it and shut up." the girl quickly shoves the pen into the boys hand and turns back around in her chair so she can finally finish her test.

"well, I tell you, it's true small towns sure are friendly." jess quips as he goes back to annotating the book, completely ignoring the test in front of him.

•••

lorelai goes to answer the door, luke is standing on the porch with a box.

"pauline!" lorelai jokingly yells.

"what?" luke asks the woman, confused.

"never mind. what are you doing here?" lorelai asks the grumpy diner owner.

"uh, i made some brownies, i thought you might like some."

"oh, gee, since i just ate half a bag of marshmallows, six pop tarts, four bagel dogs and a really stale cheese nip...yup, it's brownie time, thanks. hey, here's a question for you." lorelai rambles before turning to luke.