x. dead uncles and vegetables

"you're making me better than i ever could've been on my own swear that i love you more know that i love you more"

i ever could've been on my own
swear that i love you more
know that i love you more"

•••

season two, episode seventeen

the three girls walk through the door. luke is on the phone while several customers try to get his attention.

"can i get another cup of coffee?" a customer asks.

"in a minute." luke gruffly responds.

"hey, is that my food?" sy asks the grumpy diner owner.

"more coffee here, too, please." another customer says.

"in a minute." luke responds.

"is that my food?" sy asks the man in flannel as he passes with multiple plates of food in his hands.

"more coffee for me, too." kirk tells luke.

"shut up, kirk." luke quickly says before focusing on another task.

"is that my food?" sy asks again.

"yes, sy, that's your food." luke tells the annoyed man.

"well, can i have it?" sy rudely asks.

"i'm doing all i can here, folks." luke tells the diner while trying to balance the phone and a plate of food.

"i asked nicely." kirk mumbles.

"hey, hey, watch the cord!" a man at the counter yells towards luke.

"try ducking." luke retorts.

"you should update to a cordless." kirk tells the diner owner who at the moment would rather be in a fighting match with taylor than be this busy and stressed.

lorelai, rory, and emilia all walk into the diner, not expecting the crowd, and noticing luke's frazzled state. luke told emilia that she had the day off today but she's starting to think he's deeply regretting that as jess is nowhere to be found.

"hey, whatcha doing? watch, watch it." lorelai tells the man as he almost strangles all three girls with the phone cord.

"ah, buh buh buh. . .thanks, thanks, i'm on the phone." luke tells the woman.

"we noticed." emilia quips.

"yeah, i can't serve and be on the phone."