viv. there's the rub

"another girl in the neighborhoodwish she was mine, she looks so good i wanna hold her wanna hold her tight"

wish she was mine, she looks so good
i wanna hold her wanna hold her tight"

•••

season two, episode sixteen

luke's apartment is under construction which has only caused chaos. as luke delivers food to some customers, a chunk of the ceiling falls onto the table.

"here you go. geez, uh, sorry folks. uh, here... there we go. free coffee all around. you might wanna put your hand over that. there we go." luke apologizes to his customers and then grumpily stomps over to tom. "tom, what the hell is going on up there?"

"we're redoing your apartment. what do you think is going on up there?" tom sasses.

"the ceiling's falling in. i've got customers eating drywall here." luke points out.

"oh, well, that can't be good." tom quips.

"you said minimal disruptions." luke tells the sassy contractor.

"hey, this is minimal disruptions. look, i need you to sign this change order." tom tells luke.

"what happened now?" luke asks, worried and frustrated.

"well, we broke through this wall, and we found some pipes that shouldn't be there. we gotta move them." tom informs the diner owner.

"move them where?" luke asks.

"not sure. we gotta find out what they do first." tom nonchalantly says.

"you're kidding?" luke asks in disbelief.

"oh yeah. there's nothing i like more than a good 'moving a pipe' joke." tom replies sarcastically.

"fine, one more week, that's it." luke warns tom.

"oh, sure, construction ultimatum. ha, that's even funnier than my moving pipe joke." tom says sarcastically again.

lorelai and rory walk in with a very tired emilia following behind. the poor girl had an awful nightmare the night before and got no sleep.

"hey." lorelai greets the diner owner.

"hey." luke greets back.

"geez, look at this place." lorelai winced as she looked at the state of the diner.

"it's a mess." luke agrees.