Chapter 1

This is the sequel to Lucille Rose Potter, to understand this book, you must read that first.

"Can I get you anything? Breakfast? Tea?"

They were sitting inside of Charlie Weasley's small wooden cabin.

It reminded Lucy of the Gryffindor common room, plush couches, thick wool blankets and tones of red and gold.

He had pictures covering almost every spot on the wall, pictures spanning from him before Hogwarts to ones that looked fairly recent.

"I make a smashing omelet," he grinned, trying to pry a reaction out of the younger girl.

"I'm ok," Lucy said in a small voice.

"Alright," Charlie tried to hide his disappointment, "I'll show you around then—here's the kitchen, obviously, and the living room...spare bathroom is too your right. My bedroom is this door right here," he pointed to a closed door to his left, "and your bedroom is just down the hall."

He walked a little further and pushed open a door.

"I picked up you belongings and brought them here months ago," Charlie said, "I wanted to introduce myself then so you wouldn't be moving in with a complete stranger, you know? But Aberforth thought it best to hold off just incase anyone saw us...but you already knew that. Anyways, I've tried to set up the basics for you, most of it's still in boxes though, I felt weird going through your stuff, so feel free to unpack it all on your own time!"

"What do you mean 'I already knew that'?" Lucy asked.

"Knew that you were moving here with me of course!" Charlie's smile faltered as he caught the look on her face, "you did know...didn't you?"

"I did not," Lucy shook her head slightly.

"Blimey," Charlie frowned, rubbing the back of his neck, "I'm sorry, I assumed you knew, they told me that you'd know..."

"Who did?"

"The Dumbledores of course," Charlie said quickly, "they're the only ones who know. We've had this planned for months, for you to come here straight out of school...bit of a nasty shock when you appeared on my lawn this morning. You really didn't know?"

"No," Lucy was trying so hard not to cry.

"You've had a long night from the looks of it," Charlie sighed, "listen, I'm not going to hold you here against your will, but I reckon you're mighty exhausted and would do well with a rest. Get some sleep and when you wake up we can talk and figure out what to do, and if you decide you don't want to stay, I'll take you straight home. Is that alright?"

Lucy nodded.

"I'll be around if you need anything," Charlie smiled assuringly, closing the door behind her.

Lucy looked around, the room was smaller than the one she had at home but it was enough.

A full sized bed was pushed in a corner, a wardrobe and a desk in another and a door to what she assumed was a bathroom to her right.

Boxes were everywhere, she opened one to find all her French textbooks.

It was all too much and she sunk to the ground and let the tears flow down her cheeks.

Her whole life had been packed up and moved to another country and she hadn't even known about it.

She cried for Harry, who had been through more than he should've ever had to be.

She cried for Albus's, who's death happened so quickly she hadn't had proper time to process it.

She cried for Draco, who had most likely been captured and was sitting in the Malfoy dungeons at that very moment.

She cried for Ginny who was left all alone.

And for Sawyer, whose lifeless body haunted her every time she closed her eyes.

But most importantly, Lucy cried for herself, because all of this was extreme, utter, shite.

She looked down at the tanzanite promise ring on her finger.

With a flash of rage, she pried it off and chucked it across the room.

She cast a silencing charm on the room and began to scream.

She screamed until she was read in the face and her voice was diminished to a croak.

He had promised the future, he had promised her a forever.

She hated him.

She cried herself into a uneasy sleep, waking with a massive headache and a backache.

She coughed, regretting the damage she had done to her throat hours before.

With a sigh she stood and walked to the bathroom, she looked horrible.

She was still wearing the same clothes from the day before, they were torn and dirty and no longer fit as they were supposed to after being water logged to the extent they were and dried twice.

Her skin was covered in dirt and littered with scratches, some worse than others.

With slight difficulty she got out of the clothes, throwing them into the corner and drew a scalding hot bath.

She lowered herself into the tub, gritting her teeth as the water came into contact with open wounds.

She brought her wand to each cut, she wasn't as good as Sawyer was with healing charms, but she had become decent enough after watching him preform them time and time again.

Everything seemed to remind her of him, his soft smile, his big blue eyes, she couldn't believe he was gone. It felt like it hadn't completely hit her yet, almost like she believed he would be waiting for her to get home when deep down, she knew that was just simply not the truth.

She looked at the ceiling and blinked aggressively, determined not to cry again until she was at least finished healing herself.

She leaned back and yelped in a mixture of pain and surprise.

"Accio mirror," she croaked, her voice rather tragic. 

A small hand mirror flew into her hand and she held it up, twisting to see her shoulder.

It was covered in a nasty, purple and green bruise.

"Brilliant," Lucy sighed, careful not to put any weight on it.

She laid in the water, thinking her situation through.

She didn't want to stay here, away from everything she knew, away from her family, her friends...the war.

She knew Aberforth had done it on purpose, sent her away for her own safety. However, she saw it as a betrayal. The man who she had put her trust in for so many years had gone behind her back and uprooted her life without a single word.

She was mad at him and in no emotion shape to confront him about it. Let alone confront her house...her shared room with the knowledge her partner wasn't coming home.

Lucy knew she was being hunted, top on Voldemort's wanted list, and going home she'd only be putting the ones she loved in danger.

She finished bathing and got dressed in a tank top and shorts.

"Feel better?" Charlie was reading a book on the couch.

"If I'm going to stay," Lucy deadpanned, "I want my fucking cat."