Chapter 3

The days passed by and Lucy hardly ever left her bed.

Charlie had to go back to work after the first couple days she had arrived. She knew he didn't like leaving her alone in the small cabin, he checked in every other hour and brought her food three times a day, that was typically left untouched on her nightstand.

"I don't know what to do," she heard Charlie's voice come down the hall, "she hasn't gotten up in days and she hasn't been eating. I'm glad you're here...I really don't know how to help."

"Don't worry about it," another man's voice was now audible as their footsteps grew closer, "is she in here?"

"Yeah."

There was a knock on the door, "Lucy? Lucy, we're coming in, ok? I've got a friend with me."

Lucy didn't move as the door opened.

"Miss Lucille. Haven't I taught you any better?"

Lucy froze, picking her head up slightly.

"Inigo?"

The old man smiled, sitting down on the foot of her bed.

"I meant to be here days ago," he said, "I had a vision and left for the reserve immediately...I've brought all your stuff with me."

"Did you leave after the battle?" Lucy croaked. "How did you get here? Charlie said no visitors were allowed."

"I lived on the reserve for a time back in the fifties....The battle?" Inigo's eyes widened, "what battle?"

"The one at Hogwarts," Lucy sniffed, "it was on the thirtieth, that's when I was sent here."

Inigo shook his head, "I left in the evening of the twenty ninth, after I had my vision I went searching for you, Ms. Weasley had said you were gone and I just figured—but what are you saying about a battle? What happened?"

"Albus is dead," Lucy's lip began to shake, "and—and, Sawyer—"

She let out a cry and Inigo looked at her in horror.

"No!" He whispered, "no, it's not true. Tell me it's not true."

Lucy shook her head, "I'm sorry."

"Oh my poor dear girl," Inigo wrapped her into his arms, "I'm so sorry."

"Can I do anything?" Charlie asked, shifting on his feet.

"Do you have any white tea? Mr. Weasley?" Inigo asked.

"Yes! I do!" Charlie said, running back down the hall.

"Come on, Lucille," Inigo sighed, "I know it hurts, but he wouldn't want this for you. You'll have your time to mourn, I would never deny you that, however, I do ask that you do not do it in detriment to your own well-being. That being said, I believe a shower and some food is in order, come out when you are ready and we'll have some tea, understand?"

"Yes, Inigo," Lucy nodded.

"Good," he patted her cheek, "you are strong, Ms. Potter, I know you will get through this."

He stood and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Lucy dragged herself out of bed for the first time in what had to be a week.

She opened the door to the bathroom and was immediately faced with her own reflection.

She brought a hand to her mouth and sobbed.

She didn't even recognize herself

Her face was pale and splotch, eyes puffy with deep, purple bags that creased under her eyes. Her cheeks were sunken, her vibrant red hair was so dull it could've been mistaken for brown.

She stripped of the tank top and shorts she had been wearing for several days, stepping into a hot shower.

"Feeling better?" Charlie asked nearly an hour later, pushing a cup of tea into her hands.

Lucy smiled, it was white tea with honey and a cinnamon stick, her favorite.

"Very much so," she said weakly, "thank you."

A grey cat mewed and jumped up onto Lucy's lap.

"Matchi," she grinned, hugging the cat to her chest, "thank you, Inigo."

"Of course," Inigo smiled, "I hope you don't mind, I've explained the situation to Charlie here."

"That's fine," Lucy sighed, "I've been having a hard time wrapping my head around it all."

"Understandable, very understandable," Inigo patted her arm.

Charlie was watching her with a sad expression, "how long were you two together?"

Lucy took in a deep breath, "officially? A year...almost exactly. But we've been together much longer than that. I've known him since I was eleven."

"That's horrible," Charlie rubbed his neck, "let me know what I can do to help."

"I don't think there's anything anyone can do," Lucy laughed miserably, "but thank you."

"There's a Quidditch match this afternoon," Charlie said, "you can come down and watch if you wanted, meet some people, maybe see if we can get you on the team?"

"I'll think about it," Lucy said.

"Brilliant," Charlie didn't pry.

Lucy was grateful for the second eldest Weasley. He seemed to understand when she needed someone and when she needed her space. Her wasn't overbearing and offered his support wherever he could.

"I have to go to the market," Charlie said, "is there anything I can get for either of you?"

Lucy shook her head, "no, thank you."

"Firewhiskey would be great," Inigo grunted.

"That I can do," Charlie laughed, "I have to leave soon so I'm back in time for the game, do you guys want to come?"

Lucy shook her head.

"I'll stay here with Luce," Inigo smiled, "thank you though, Charlie."

"Of course, Mr. Imago," Charlie smiled.

"Please," Inigo held up a hand, "call me Inigo."

"Will do, Sir," Charlie nodded. "Help yourselves to anything—I think their might still be some cookies in the cupboard somewhere....Inigo, you're more than welcome to stay here, but if you're planning on staying at the reserve long-term, I've only got one spare bedroom....I think you'd be more comfortable with your own place, I'll talk to someone about arranging that for you on my way back. But for the time being, you can have my room."

"That would be very kind," Inigo nodded, "thank you."

"Of course," Charlie took his satchel from the hook, "I'll be back in an hour, can someone just feed Dragon? His food is on the table next to his bowl."

Lucy nodded.

"Brilliant, cheers," Charlie gave a thumbs up, closing the door behind him.

"I like him," Inigo said, an amused expression on his face. "I think we'll have an adventure here."

"Me too," Lucy smiled softly.