Chapter 4

"Lucy, I really think you should go out," Charlie frowned from the doorway, "get some fresh air...eat something...meet some people?"

Dragon ran past him and jumped up onto the bed, nudging Lucy's face with his nose.

"I'm fine," Lucy groaned, throwing a pillow at the door, "go away, and I've already eaten today."

"Cup noodles is not a meal," Charlie sighed, "I should've never showed those to you...Come on, get out of bed and I'll make you a proper meal."

"I'm not hungry," Lucy said.

"Luce, come on," Charlie started collecting dirty cups and empty cup noodle containers that were scattered around the room, "it's almost been a month, your O.W.L's are next week, have you even studied?"

"Aren't you supposed to be on that secret trip?" Lucy asked, "you said you were leaving this morning, didn't you?"

"I'm not going," Charlie said.

Lucy sat up and stared at him in alarm, "how come? You've been talking about it for ages."

"It was cancelled," Charlie said plainly.

"I don't believe you," Lucy crossed her arms, "you don't have to stay here and babysit me like a child, go on your trip...besides, Inigo is just a couple houses away if I need anything."

Charlie shook his head with a light laugh, "there's nothing to argue, Lucy, it really was cancelled."

Lucy rolled her eyes and laid back down.

"The Quidditch captain asked about you at practice today," Charlie said, "our Beater is injured, she asked if you'd want to play in our game Sunday."

"I'll think about it," Lucy said.

"The people here are really great, Lucy, I really think you've ought to make an effort to meet some of them," Charlie said, "you can't hide in this room forever, it's dark—and depressing."

He flicked his wand and the curtains on her widow drew back.

"Charlie!" Lucy shrieked, yanking them closed.

"It's like it's your lair," Charlie laughed, "come on, I'll make you waffles."

"I said I wasn't hungry," Lucy said.

"Not even waffles?" Charlie tried.

"Not even waffles," Lucy confirmed.

"Lucy, I'm really trying here," he frowned, "what am I doing wrong? Inigo said waffles were your favorite..."

Guilt washed over Lucy, making her want to cry.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly, "you haven't done anything wrong, I--I just, I don't know what's wrong with me, I've never felt like this before."

"Hey, it's alright," Charlie soothed, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. You don't have to eat if you're not hungry."

"I'll play in the game," Lucy sighed.

"Really?" Charlie's face lit up, "but you'd have to come to practice tonight, it's at seven."

"Ok," Lucy nodded, "what time is it now?"

"A quarter after five," Charlie said, looking down at his watch. "Are you sure I can't get you something to eat? You shouldn't fly on an empty stomach."

"It's alright," Lucy said, "I'll grab something to eat on our way out."

"Ok," that seemed to lighten Charlie's spirits, "do you need anything? A broom? Bat? Anything?"