Chapter 15

The Death Eaters were gone as quickly as they arrived.

At first, everyone celebrated.

Next they questioned.

Then they worried.

The panic didn't set in until Kingsley Shacklebolt appeared at the barrier.

"Who is that?" Someone asked.

They were huddled by the barrier, observing the newcomer.

"Kingsley Shaklebolt," Charlie stepped forward, "he's a friend of mine...I'll go talk to him."

"What if he's one of them!" Someone yelled out.

"What if they're waiting to ambush!" Another said.

"If my suspicions are right, they left for the war," Charlie said grimly, "if I get attacked, stay behind the wards."

He walked through the barrier and greeted Kingsley like an old friend.

"What are they saying," Eric asked, standing beside Lucy.

"I don't know," she shook her head, "it can't be anything good."

Charlie walked back through the barrier with a solemn expression.

"Charlie? What's happening?" Derek asked.

"Hogwarts is under attack," Charlie announced, "they need all the support they can get, if you're joining me, we leave immediately."

"Why should we?" Someone asked, "Charles, this is not our battle."

Charlie's frown deepened, "my family is there," he said slowly, "this is as much my battle as it is theirs."

Derek stepped forward.

"You're my brother, Mate, if you're going to war...I'm following you." He put a hand on his shoulder, "just do me a favor and don't get yourself killed."

Charlie laughed, pulling the man into a hug.

"I owe it to my students," Inigo stepped forward, "they did not have a choice to be caught up in this war...therefore I surrender mine."

"My niece goes to Hogwarts," Hollin said gruffly, "Hufflepuff, third year."

"My siblings..."

One by one people stepped forward, joining Charlie in front of the barrier.

Lucy went to step forward but Charlie caught her eye and shook his head.

She tried again but a jinx had been placed on her, sticking her feet to the ground.

"Charlie!" She yelled, fighting against the spell, "Charlie! Don't do this!"

'Stay' he mouthed before turning back to his group.

They walked through the barrier and down the hill.

Then they were gone.

"Shit!" Lucy swore, "someone help me!"

"I'm trying!" Eric yelled, casting spell after spell on her legs.

"Oh, honestly," Rory rolled her eyes, "move."

She waved her wand and Lucy face planted in the dirt.

"I have to go help!" She gasped, "Fred! Colin! They're going to die! Merlin, I need to get to Harry."

"No they won't, Lucy," Rory said, "they'll be ok."

"No." Lucy shook her head, "no, you don't understand...I'm a seer! I've watched them die and it's going to happen if I don't go and stop it."