Chapter 19

Restoration of the castle started the next day.

"Just a little higher," Lucy stood on Sawyer's shoulders, readjusting the portraits on the wall.

"I can't go any higher?" Sawyer said, holding her ankles tightly.

"Lucy! Why don't you just go get a broom!"

"Harry!" Lucy tried to turn around but lost her balance

"Bloody hell," Sawyer swore, catching her as she fell.

"Thanks," Lucy laughed as he put her feet down on the floor. She turned and faced her brother. "Where have you been!"

"Sorry," he smiled sheepishly, "Ron, Mione and I stayed up in the Headmaster's office. I just needed a second to myself."

"You had a lot of seconds," Lucy laughed, hugging him, "you deserved it though. I'm proud of you."

"I'm just glad you guys are safe," Harry said. "Listen, have you seen Ginny?"

"She's working on the bridge with the twins," Lucy said.

"Cheers," Harry took off running.

"Idiot," Lucy snorted, watching him go.

It was noon and everyone was going outside to have a picnic on the grounds—death still lingering in the Great Hall.

Ginny and Harry had their foreheads bent together. Dean and Seamus were holding hands leaning against a tree, their cheeks painted red. Neville and Luna were laughing. The twins and Lee were playing a game of Exploding Snap. A group of girls were sunbathing.

Draco sat away from the group. Laying against a tree, his eyes closed.

"Come on," Lucy tugged on Sawyer's arm, gesturing over to the blond.

"Hey," Lucy sat down next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder, "how're you feeling."

"Alright," Draco sighed, letting his head fall on top of hers, "I just want this to be over."

"Me too," she whispered.

"Thanks for all you did, Sawyer," Draco opened his eyes to look at the other boy.

"Don't mention it," Sawyer said, "I'm glad you're ok, Mate."

"Me too," Draco said. "So engaged, huh? When's the wedding?"

"Next November," Lucy said, "after I graduate."

"Would you be my best man?" Sawyer asked.

Draco's body went tense.

"You want me to be your best man?" He asked quietly.

"Of course," Sawyer laughed, "why else would I ask?"

Draco sat up and so did Lucy, turning to look at him. His eyes were wide and glossy, his lips parted.

"Why?"

"Why?" Sawyer repeated, "Draco, you're family, hell, you're my brother."

"But—but the twins? Or Sid?" Draco stammered.

Sawyer shook his head, "I want you to do it, will you?"

Draco just stared at him.

"Unless you don't want to—"

"No!" Draco shook his head feverishly, "no. I want to."

"Yeah?" Sawyer asked.

"Yeah," Draco grinned.

"Good."

"Are you going to ask Ginny to be your maid of honor?" Draco turned to Lucy.

"As soon as she detaches herself from my brother, yes." Lucy laughed, "I might be waiting a while for that one."