Season 1: The Big Sleep

"Last time on Total Drama Island: 23 campers arrived and learned they'll be spending the next 8 weeks at a crusty old summer camp. The campers were faced with their first challenge: jumping off a cliff into shark infested waters. And while most campers took the plunge, a few were forced to wear the dreaded chicken hat. At the campfire ceremony, it all came down to two campers. Courtney has experience as a C.I.T. in summer camp, but refused to jump. And Ezekiel managed to piss off every female contestant at the camp with his sexist comments about women. In the end, the first camper voted off Total Drama Island was Ezekiel, proving home schooling and reality TV don't really mix. Who will be voted off this week in the most dramatic campfire ceremony yet? Find out tonight on Total Drama Island!"

~~~

"Oh, fuck!" My head slammed into the bottom of Bridgette's bunk as the sound of an air horn carried through the speaker systems, seeming to echo through the entire island. Everyone jolted in pure terror, including myself who launched into a sitting position and banged my head, spewing a string of profanities in the wake. Other yells and curses flew from other contestants sleepy mouths from both my cabin and the Gophers, everyone equally displeased by the sudden awakening. My hand clasped my forehead, pressing down on the sore skin. "Son of a bitch."

Bridgette's blurry head popped down from her bunk above, ponytail dangling down. "You good girl?" I nodded, squinting at her. "I don't know if you or the air horn woke me up. The entire bed shook." I exhaled a laugh, rubbing my forehead a few more times before dropping my hand.

"Yeah, I'm good." I grabbed my glasses out from underneath my pillow and slid them on. Everyone looked disheveled, tired, and pissed. I'm sure I looked the same way. Reluctantly, all of us got dressed and prepared for whatever Chris had in store at this ungodly hour.

He stood outside of the cabins with a chipper smile, inspecting all of us one by one. My face almost immediately heated up just from looking at him, remembering the previous night. His comment about my "fine ass," clearly poking fun at my confession cam earlier that day. Or his comment on me being without pants, which left me unsure of whether it was him just being him or actually flirting with me. I met his eyes just before they looked me up and down with the same intention as last night. My blush burned brighter, and we looked away simultaneously.

"Morning. Hope you all slept well." There was yet another sleep comment. I had been curious ever since I left the mess hall last night on what the challenge would be.

"Morning, Chris," called Heather in a sickly sweet tone, wiggling her fingers at him. I couldn't help but glare at her. She was smiling up toward him, eyes sharp like a cats. "You look really buff in those shorts." My eye twitched.

••
"First of all, ew. Gross. Absolutely disgusting. Second, she's fucked up if she thinks she's got a chance with Chris. I've already called dibs on him, anyway. Dumb bitch thinks she can make a move on him? Wrong." I shook my head, then paused. Why did I say that? My hand came and collided with my forehead, which caused me to hiss in pain from hitting the bruise on my head. "Ow, dammit. Can we just delete this whole tape?"
••

"I know!" Chris laughed, enjoying his compliment. With an ego as large as his, he tended to cash in any compliment that came to him, even if it was sarcastic. "I hope you're all ready, before your next challenge begins in one minute!"

Owen was the first to complain. "What about breakfast?!" he whined, sounding either like a fussy baby or someone utterly heartbroken. I couldn't laugh at him, though, because I was almost right there with him; my late night apple didn't do much to curb my hunger, and my stomach growled. Beside me, other contestants complained right along with him.