Season 1: Who Can You Trust?

"Last time on Total Drama Island: things really got cooking between the campers. Heather pushed LeShawna too far in the cook-off challenge and ended up one chilly mama. Owen had a hard day. Geoff led the Killer Bass to victory, and the Screaming Gophers got to the bottom of their losing streak. It was buh-bye Beth. Have the gophers broken the curse? And just how much trust do they have in one another? Find out this week on Total Drama Island!"

~~~

Breakfast as nasty as usual; cold, white slop on a more-than-likely dirty plate that he had stuck a bendy-straw into. When I was handed my plate, I suddenly felt less hungry. Despite that, I still tried to take a bite but my body completely refused it. Instead, I used the straw to poke around at the mush like it was a science experiment and listened to the rambles beside me. Courtney and Duncan were bickering like a married couple and the rest of my team was talking about random nonsense. My eyes stayed fixated in the mush until it was challenge time, and I tuned my focus on losing.

I know, focusing on losing rather than winning was stupid on my part. But I've already mentally established that being with Chris is more important than winning this show, and I'll happily lose if that means I get more time with Chris.

We all went down to the dock and found Chris waiting for us like usual. He was facing the water and, when no one was looking, I gave him a quick slap on the ass as I walked past. My head turned as I walked by him and saw his eyes widen, then crinkle with a smile as they met mine. It was nice messing around with him. My head turned back and I joined the rest of mine team in front of Chris, awaiting for the challenge to begin.

"So, last weeks challenge exposed a few Gopher issues, and I'm sending something a little funky floating in the Bass pond, too." Duncan nudge Courtney beside me, earning a glare from the brunette. I snickered to myself as I watched the ordeal. "So, this weeks challenge is gonna be centered around building trust. Because all good things behind with a little trust." I shifted where I stood, feeling the wind blow against me and push my hair over my shoulder. The sun was blinding as it beamed down on us and I squinted both from the bright light and from the challenge. Don't get me wrong, I liked my teammates — but it was to an extent. I didn't trust any of them enough to put my life into their hands if I had to.

"There will be three major challenges that will have to be competed by two or more members of your team," Chris continued, examining all of us. His hands were held behind his back and his chin was held high like he knew he was better than everyone. Oh, right, he did know that. "Normally, we like to have the campers choose their partners, but not this time. More fun for me! Follow me." He turned around and all of us campers followed behind him, curious on what this meant.

"I hope I get partnered with you," Bridgette said from beside me, and I nodded. "You're the only person I trust, next to Geoff. But even he worries me." I laughed and she laughed back. Couldn't say I blamed her; Geoff had his moments. He was head over heels for Bridgette, but that dude lacked brain cells sometimes.

We headed further into the woods and Chris stopped us by a large rock-side cliff. "Okay, for the first challenge you'll be doing an extreme free hand rock climbing adventure. DJ and Duncan for the Bass, Heather and Gwen for the Gophers." Chris began explaining the concept of the challenge, going over the minor difficulties that could arise, but, since I wasn't participating, I tuned his words out and tuned into his face.

My mind flickered back to the night before; the touches, the sounds, the feelings. I could feel my face heat up as I remembered everything, feeling butterflies form. He had woken me up around 4 by kissing me and pulling me against his warm chest, and I hated leaving him just got return to my lonely bed in the cabin. My bed felt like bricks in comparison to his and without his warmth, I felt cold and hollow. Chris made me feel like a princess and he treated me like I was one, and it wasn't something I was used to but I was loving it now that I had it. I bit my lip, hating that I had practically turned myself on. Damn my brain. I wouldn't have any source of relief until the challenge was over, which would be hours from now.