Season 1: Up The Creek

"Last time on Total Drama Island: the competitions were forced to conquer their deepest, darkest fears. Not all of them succeeded, but others surprised the group and faced their fears head-on. In a shocking twist, Tyler let the bass down when he was too chicken to face the chicken. Get it? And it was buh-bye, Tyler. Once again, the bass find themselves behind. Can they pull this one out of the water? Find out today on Total Drama Island!"

~~~

"Bass, Gophers! Todays challenge is a true summer camp experience: a canoe trip," Chris said cheerfully, motioning to the canoes in front of us. My eyes squinted behind my glasses, my lashes brushing against the lens. A canoe trip? Did I look physically capable of canoeing? "You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to Boney Island." He did a weird finger wiggle to try and be scarier, but it wasn't that effective. He did it again when he warned us not to take anything off the island and I made an unamused face. Come on, hun, it's not scary.

Chris set us off towards the canoes and I descended down the janky wooden stairs to the beach. I ended up settling in a canoe with Courtney and Bridgette, taking the middle seat after we pushed it into the water. It rocked as we all sat, shifting under our weight, and I silently prayed the boat didn't tip. Man, I felt bad for whoever boated with Owen. No offense. Paddles in hand, the three of us waited for the signal before we started to row. Our canoe stayed towards the back while a few from each team were now way ahead of us.

It was sort of hard to row with three people, too. No matter what rhythm or method we tried, our canoe kept turning. I'd row to the right while they rowed the left, and our canoe would go sideways. Eventually, I had to stop paddling and let Bridgette and Courtney take over. "You know," Courtney said from behind me as I set my paddle down, "I thought you were waving for Geoff instead of us." Bridgette laughed and rowed on her right side, my eyes peering over the edge to watch her push the water back. Below us was murky but a bright, pretty blue.

"He's cute and all... he gave me a gift this morning. Oh my god, guys, it was so bad," Bridgette whined, and I looked up from the water to the back of her head. "Under my covers was a photo of us in the middle of a heart frame that had macaroni noodles glued on it." My mouth dropped and Courtney gasped in cringe. "Wait, it gets worse. On the back, it said 'I hope you think of me whenever you drop loose change into this.' That's horrible!" Bridgette stopped rowing to choke herself and I laughed while shaking my head, Courtney face-palming behind me. "I just couldn't deal with him right now... I don't know. Why didn't you boat with Duncan?" she asked, changing the topic from herself to Courtney.

"Duncan? Why would I pick him?" Both Bridgette and myself turned around to glare at her, us both knowing damn well she was trying to deny her crush on Duncan. She stared back at us for a few seconds before her face faltered and she looked away. "I just want to focus on the challenge and sometimes he makes me forget to." As badly as she was trying to deny her feelings, it was cute seeing her cave in. Her and Duncan were opposites and it just worked in a really strange, but cute, way.

As Bridgette went back to rowing, she chimed, "What about you, Lilia? Anyone you got your eye on?" I looked down at my feet.

"Yeah, you run off all the time. There has to be someone you're seeing." Courtney's voice was thick with annoyance and attitude. Of course she'd make that comment. She's been on my ass about me sneaking off ever since it started.

I shook my head, shifting slightly and causing the canoe to rock. "Not really, no one here fits my type." I could practically feel Courtney roll her eyes behind me. Obviously I wasn't going to tell them. Bridgette could maybe keep my secret, but I still wouldn't risk it. And everyone knows Courtney would tell everyone and get me voted off. Only Duncan knows and I will keep it that way. "I like older men." Bridgette turned to look at me like I was crazy and I could feel Courtney's gaze on me. I just shrugged.

Total Heartthrob || Chris McLeanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें