Season 3: Broadway, Baby!

"Welcome to New York City!" My life jacket was digging into my chest and the boat had an inch of water coating the bottom from the fall — don't even get me started on how mad the idea of being dropped out of a moving plane in a boat made me; I had to use my inhaler already — as we pulled past the Statue of Liberty. Her jade-colored body blocked the sun and the view of the city line for only a moment, and then it returned. Shielding the light with my hand, I admired the view; I had gotten used to city life for a while, bouncing between Canada and America with Chris. What once wasn't pretty I now found stunning, and New York held up to its name.

Chris parked the boat at a small dock just at the base of the statue, and one by one each contestant got out. Holding his hand out for me, Chris helped me up onto the dock. I smiled at him. "Just like old times," I reminisced, going back to the first time I met him. Season one, fresh onto Camp Wawanakwa and to Total Drama. How funny it was to be standing right where I was now, my life more perfect as I'd once imagined.

Chris smiled back at me, our hands dropping. "You blushed. You looked beautiful." I rolled my eyes. "What? Can't I flirt with you?"

"Of course you can. I just find it hard to believe." We began our way to the base where the camera crew were setting up. "I don't get insecure much — except for last season, but let's not talk about that — but, I don't know... I still struggle comprehending you want to be with me sometimes," I admitted, laughing a little. I was unsure why I felt insecure today; perhaps it was the way Chris's hair was sitting just slightly different, or the way his cologne smelled better than usual, or the way I woke up feeling mediocre at best. I noticed being in the city does that to me sometimes — making me feel small; how could my existence effect the world in a sea full of others?

Chris stopped walking just before we reached the crew and contestants. "Lilia, I don't like being mopey, but I will for you because I love you. You're the only girl for me. I never thought someone could love me more than I love myself." I shot a glare at him, and he laughed. "I can't be myself with anyone but you. You're not going anywhere, and neither am I." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Now come on before this freak show gets antsy."

I laughed and we returned our pace till we reached the contestants. Lindsey was practically shaking in her skin from the excitement; she was going to be devastated to find out she couldn't go shopping. "Your first challenge is a carriage race to Central Park! We like to call it Liberty or Death!"

I shared a laugh with Chris upon hearing Courtney claim she didn't want to be the horse. "Oh, no. It's not a horse carriage race. It's a baby carriage race!" Chris snickered beside me as the contestants sighed. Did they really think it'd be that simple, especially after the camel race?

"Well, where are the carriages?" LeShawna asked, looking behind her.

All I did was point upward, smiling cockily. "Hope ya brought your climbing gear!"

The smile was immediately wiped off my face by none other than Sierra. Shocking, isn't it. "LOL Chris. I think your mischievous spirit really makes the game."

"Thank you, Sierra. It's nice to be appreciated." I stepped of Chris's foot as hard as I could. "Ow! Why do you keep hurting me?!"

"Appreciated? I love you! I always have! Even way back when you were making those terrible movies about talking cats! I was even going to name my first fan club the Christians, but that was already taken..." Before Chris could do it, I shoved Sierra as hard as I could. Oh, I was so going to kill her. Not just a simple fist fight or punch to the face, no. She was going to get the Heather special. And I think Chris was on board with that idea; his fake smile was suppressing anger.

"Okay! Less chatter, more splatter! Or, well, climbing! We'll leave the splatter to fate. One you reach Lady Liberty's crown, you'll use the rope to pull your team up. Grab the correct carriage off the spike, race back down to your boat and follow the buoys to your next destination: Central Park!"