Season 1: Not Quite Famous

"Last time on Total Drama Island: The Killer Bass finally dodged their pathetic losing streak against the Screaming Gophers. There were bruises, tears, risky moves, and dangerous alliances. And in the end, it was Noah, the know-it-all, who didn't see it coming. This week, another challenge will send one more camper on a cruise to Loserville, population... 4. Who will wink and who will stay afloat? Find out right now on Total Drama Island!"

~~~

I saved myself from hitting my head against Bridgette's bunk this time when Chris woke us up. Does he find it enjoyable seeing us suffer? You know what, don't answer that. When it comes to being on camera, the answer will always be yes. "Alright, campers, enough beauty sleep. It's time to show us what you're made of!"

I rubbed my eyes before shoving my glasses on. "Show what we're made of?" I mumbled out to Bridgette, who had jumped off the bunk and was now getting changed. "What do you think that means?" I kicked my blanket off and sat up.

Bridgette pulled her hoodie over her head and shook her head. "I have no clue, but I hope it's nothing crazy." Letting out a hopeful laugh. Every challenge so far has pushed us out of our comfort zone and it would only get worse as they went on.

The two Pink Girls were giggling to each other in an the most annoying way possible. My ears hurt as I got dressed and applied makeup. It had been days since I put on any type of makeup, so having mascara on felt strange. At least I looked a little more alive. I was still pretty tired, but I could handle todays challenge better than the dodgeball one. Once everyone was dressed, we headed over to where the challenge was taking place.

Out in front of the tree line sat two sets of bleachers and a large stage. I eyed it suspiciously, already having an idea at what was about to happen. Bridgette and I sat together towards the bottom of the bleachers as everyone else got seated. Eventually, after everyone had been seated and were questioning the stage, Chris walked out and stood in the center of the stage. His eyes skimmed the crowd and landed on me, his smile widening. I had butterflies and my body heated. "Welcome to our brand-new, deluxe, state-of-the-art outdoor amphitheater. This weeks challenge is a summers camp favorite: a talent contest!" my worries we're right and I felt myself cringe at the idea of having to perform. "Each team has eight hours to pick three of their most talents campers. These three will represent their team in the show tonight. Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes – as long as it's legal." Chris eyed Duncan, who huffed at the statement. "You'll be judged by our resident talent scout, former D.J., V.J., and rap legend Grand Master Chef, who will show his approval via the chef-o-meter! The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. Good luck!"

I was a little relieved that it was only three instead of all of us performing. Not a single bone in my body had talent. Bridgette and I glanced at each other and then at the rest of our team. "So..." I started, and Katie and Sadie immediately jumped up. The talent that they stated they had consisted of them shifting their hips from left to right and doing the splits to some random electronic song. Judging by everyone's faces, we all silently agreed they wouldn't be performing. Courtney hid her face behind her hand and Bridgette looked genuinely terrified. Meanwhile I was struggling to not laugh. "Anyone else?" I choked out, avoiding eye contact with the Pink Girls. One look and I'd lose it.

When Tyler walked up to execute whatever talent he claimed to have, I was prepared for boredom. Though, it never came, because the fool tried doing a yo-yo trick and ended up tangling himself up. I though Sadie and Katie were funny but this was gold.

••
"Okay, nothing against Tyler, but man, can he do anything right? He's just as bad as Harold."
••