Season 1: The In-Between

I really didn't mind being voted off, not with it meaning I got to spend my days with Chris. Perhaps my indifference in no longer being on the show lies in the fact that I didn't even think I'd make it on the show, or, like I said, because I get to spend my days with Chris instead of competing. As well, I had no intentions on winning; I knew I didn't have what it took to win the show. So, being voted off, as shitty as it was, didn't really bother me.

Chris would leave for the challenges each morning, leaving me alone with hours of free time. The first few days consisted of me catching up on shows and social media, catching up on some much needed sleep and eating food that wasn't white mush; basically the normal day-to-day things when your rights haven't been stripped away at a summer camp. When he would return from the challenges, we would spend our time cooking dinner together and laying with each other as we watched TV. It was such simple times with him.

I've said it multiple times, but I had never felt this loved. Chris radiated a loving energy that left me feeling like I was soaring; he constantly made sure I was okay, I was comfortable and taking care of me. He even went out of his way to get food I would eat when I first got voted off. I knew he didn't think of it as much, but to me it meant the world. Chris alone meant the world to me and I cherished every second I had with him.

The morning rolled in all too quickly and Chris was climbing out of bed, the commotion waking me. His warmth left me cold and I pulled more of the blanket over toward my side of the bed, causing him to laugh. "I'd stay if I could," he said, walking over to the dresser to grab his pants. He was about time go shower, which was usually when I fell back asleep.

"Just stay," I mumbled tiredly into the blanket, my body scooting closer to his side of the bed. It smelled so nice on his side. Sometimes, after he got up, I'd steal his pillow and cuddle it like it was him. He'd make fun of me when I did, but I'd never stop doing it.

He walked around towards my side of the bed and leaned down to kiss my hair. "You know I would. Get some more sleep, I'll be back after a while. Todays challenge is the Brunch of Disgustingness." Even with his voice thick with sleep, I could hear him trying to hold back his signature laugh at the idea of the challenge. I shook my head at him and he laughed. "I brought that laptop you asked for." Yes! I had been bugging him about a laptop so I could video chat Quinton. He kissed me one more time before he padded off into the bathroom, the shower starting before he pushed the door almost closed.

As usual, I fell back asleep for another hour or two. When I awoke and got out of bed, I quickly put on my glasses and fixed the covers. Usually, this was the worst part about him leaving and having watched everything I wanted to watch: what do I do now? Laundry was done, bedroom and bathroom were both clean and everything in the kitchen was clean. I probably would've cleaned the living room again if Chris hadn't brought the laptop.

In my alone tome, I had done everything I could think of doing. Cleaned every room in the house, reorganized his closet and dresser, moved the furniture around in the living room, went back and color coded his closet, organized the fridge, did laundry, even made a path outside the front of the cabin with rocks. During challenges, I couldn't go out too far from the cabin in case one of the contestants saw me, but I stuck close and collected rocks. Sometimes I would sunbathe, too. Needless to say, I was bored when Chris wasn't around.

My stomach growled as I readied myself to call my brother, and I realized maybe I should eat breakfast first. I padded off into the kitchen and pulled out the pre-made pancake mix, measuring it off enough to make myself two pancakes. Chris and I had been eating pancakes the last two days but, hey, they were good.

Breakfast went by too fast and I quickly washed my dishes before nearly running to the couch. I turned the laptop on and quickly logged in to my Instagram. It was the only way I could think of contacting Quinton since I didn't have a phone to text him on. I really needed to ask Chris about getting my phone back. Once logged in, I puked up my DM's and sent him a message.