Season 1: Paintball Deer Hunt

"Last time on Total Drama Island: both teams set out on a canoe trip to deadly Bony Island. Cody hit on Gwen about 80 times, but he made up for it. The last marshmallow was set to go to either Izzy or Lindsey, but the RCMP swooped in and bam! Izzy hightailed it outta there. Man, I knew the girl was nuts but I didn't know she was totally insane. However, one gopher may have secretly done something even crazier when she brought home a creepy stick statue voodoo thingy from the deadly haunted island. Will Beth love to regret her souvenir? And can my teeth possibly get any whiter? Find out here on Total Drama Island!"

~~~

Staring the challenge couldn't come quick enough; my leg was bouncing with anticipation and impatience as Chris went over the rules. Paintball Deep Hunt, that's what he called it. That was all I heard before I stopped paying attention to his words and rather started paying it towards him. He looked so good and my body craved him desperately. Why was he walking closer? I perked up and watched him place antlers on my head. Oh, that's why. Chris flashed me a cocky grin, and I looked up at him. Could he sense my anticipation? Was it that obvious?

We were sent to go off into the woods with our deer angles on and DJ quickly bounded away from the group. I agreed with his decision, as did everyone else, and all of us deer silently went off into different directions. The challenge actually sounded fun; running and hiding from the hunters? What's not to enjoy about that? I felt guilty for skipping the challenge as I walked towards Chris's cabin, but I also felt giddy about skipping it to be with Chris.

I walked and walked until I grew closer to the part of the beach where Chris's cabin was. Instead of taking the easy way of walking down the steps in front of the cabin, mainly to avoid getting caught, I climbed down the rocky hill next to his place. Did I nearly break a leg? Yes. But it would've been worth it.

After brushing the dirt and sand off of me, I walked up Chris's porch and let myself into his house. Thankfully, he left the door unlocked. I smiled to myself as I looked around, quietly closing the door behind me. The lights were off in his quiet cabin, my footsteps creating the most noise as I set my deer antlers on the kitchens island. Where was Chris? Walking further into the house, I entered the bedroom. He wasn't in there or the bathroom, and I frowned as I realized he wasn't here.

The chance of him running late or getting caught up with something was high; it's like he was the host of the show or something. He's probably just busy and I'm bumming myself out. My hands ran across the beds comforter before I sat down on it, the bed sinking under my weight. He should be here soon... right? I'll sit here and wait for him. I brought my legs up onto the bed and leaned back against the pillow, and I waited.

And waited... and waited.

But he never showed. I'm not sure the exact time frame I spent waiting, but it had to of been over an hour. Whatever it was he got caught up with couldn't of taken that long, right? No. I huffed as I pushed myself off of his bed, eyes stinging with angry tears. Chris had to of stood me up. I didn't think he was the type to do that but I guess I shouldn't be shocked; I was a fool for thinking I had a chance with Chris McLean. A damn fool.

I shouldn't be hurt, but I was hurt. My hand swung and grabbed my antlers as I walked through his house, slamming the door a little too hard when I stepped outside. Oops. Rescaling the hill in the most ungraceful way imaginable, I stomped back into the woods. Thankfully, the crying sensation had left. I didn't need the teams see me cry even more than they already had.

DJ running on all fours from Owen played out in front of me, causing me to stop in my tracks. Definitely didn't expect to see that today. As I stalked through the woods, I realized I was being followed. My realization struck too late as LaShawna had pelted me from behind. "Ow, fuck!" I yelped, turning around to see her holding her paint gun up.