9

"This was nice" she smiled, I could tell she didn't want to get out.

"Yea... maybe you'll let me take you out again?"

"Maybe" she giggled.

"Maybe yes?" I flirted remembering similar conversation.

She smiled "maybe yes" she repeated.

She went to unbuckle her seatbelt and I put my hand on top of hers.

Ain't no way she thought we was about to part ways without a kiss. I kissed her.

When we pulled away she giggled "I'll text you." she said pulling the door handle.

I took off my seatbelt and got out the car too.

"What are you doing?" She chuckled a little.

"Walking you in. It's late"

"Um no.."

"Um yea..."

She huffed.

I know she dont like how hardheaded I was being but I wasn't going until I knew she was in the house safely.

"Seriously, thank you Yas" she said putting her keys in to open the door.

The smell of cigarettes crept into my nose before she even opened the door good.

I slid in with her.

"I see you got company" some old man said looking up from the tv.

It was a small living room 2 old men one white one black sitting on opposite sides of the couch. An Asian girl that lowkey looked strung out on drugs knocked out in a chair.

India looked back at me with wide eyes.

"Are you serious?"

She grabbed my wrist tight pulling me through the house to a door. She unlocked the door and impatiently waited for me to come in.

"Why do you insist on embarrassing me?"

I looked around the room we were in.

It looked like it was probably her room. An old broken dresser with clothes spilling out and perfume piled on top, a mattress on top of some crates. The door had slide locks on it to keep people locked out, a hole in the wall.

I looked back at her. She rubbed her arm.

"Like seriously.. when I hide things it's for a reason." She said sounding insecure.

"What is this?" I asked confused as fuck.

"It's a boarding house." She sighed "not that it's you business."

"Damn"

"I told you it was either be in high school homeless, or work as a dancer.. did you think I was lying? What did you think I was spending the money on? Gucci and Prada?"

"I just... didn't know"

"I know. And now it's sucks that you do."

"Does anybody know you're living like this?"

"No. And I'd like to keep it that way."

"Why don't you want help?"

"Help?" She chuckled "this is better then the situation I was in. This is a blessing. You're only worried because this is new to you. Trust me, this is normal. It's my life."