21

Only 2 more chapters left 😬❤️ thank y'all so much for reading! Comment and vote 💕

    Because the date was random as fuck I had to take India by her house to get ready. All she has is chill clothes at my house.

"You're so fine" she bit her lip looking at me as I drove. I figured since Tiffany was in a dress and shit we going somewhere kinda nice. I think this is the first time India's seen me in a button up.

I could tell she was feeling me, she just kept looking.

"Thank you baby" I smirked continuing to drive.

My dad tried to make us all go together, but hell no. I wasn't trying to ride with them, and I know India's insecure about where she's living.

I was lowkey salty because I was planning on taking her out to eat on her birthday Friday but I'm gonna have to figure something else out, I doubt she wanna go out to eat twice.

I waited like 20 minutes for her to come out. It would've been longer but she already showered at my place before we knew about the plans.

She came out looking so beautiful.

I've never really seen her dressed up either, expect our middle school graduation... which was years ago.

The dress she was wearing was simple, dark purple. But it looked so good on her. As she got in the car I saw that it was backless.

"Damn, you look beautiful bae." I complimented.

We sat in the car taking pictures before I pulled off.

When we got there my dad and Tiffany was already there. India sat across from my dad, and I sat across from Tiffany.

She gave me that awkward, warm, guidance counselor smile.

I gave her the smile a white person gives you when you make eye contact in the grocery store.

"And your dad told me, 'I wouldn't get that one, I took one sip and threw that shit away'" she chuckled. She was telling us about when her and my dad met at the coffee shop. "Then he put me on to his coffee order"

Imma be real. That's cute and all... but nah.

"So where do you work?" I asked not really paying attention to the story.

"He didn't tell you?" She looked over at him giving him a teasing look.

My dad chuckled. "You see she's always gone."

"Well", Tiffany said. "I work with CPS."

Ughh, so she rips children away from their families.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see India shift uncomfortably in her seat. I know she hasn't had the best experience with social workers.

"Oh okay... you give me those vibes." I said.

My dad stared at me.

I ain't even say nothing wrong. Why he looking at me like that?

"I really have a special place in my heart for less fortunate kids... I was one before, so I know what it's like to not feel wanted or have a stable home... it's important to me, to make a difference"

Damn. She was one before? I wonder what she's been through... maybe I should be a little nicer.

I kept that in mind for the rest of the dinner. Trying not to be an asshole... honestly, she funny, and nice... and I can tell she likes my dad by the way she looks at him.