Chapter 8 Intercepted

Miguel pulls me into the car and drives me to my apartment. "Shouldn't we have stayed to at least see who did what" I question Miguel frustrated.

"Nikita, I'm sorry but you've been here a week, you couldn't get comprehend the power that was in that room alone" he breathes heavily and not looking away from the road once.

"We are mere pawns in this world, those people in there are cold blooded killers for a living" he sounds defeated.

"So why send us into the lions den?" I question why we are put in danger. "That's our job" he shrugs off my questions like nothing. I just lean against the window and think, my identity is already compromised so I'm assuming Miguel's could be too.

I conflicted on what to tell him because I feel I'm in too deep now, how do I explain everything. Cassano could potentially think I really am with Miguel, he seemed either curious or jealous I couldn't gage it.

"I'm sorry about tonight, you did great. We will report in tomorrow" he gently pinches my chin and fakes a smile as I leave and fake one back, "Thanks Miguel".

I grab my gown so it doesn't drag and make my way up to my apartment. I hope Cassano is okay, I mean I'm meant to be bringing him in but I'm just, I don't know what to feel right now as I wait in the elevator. I get and slip off my dress for a shower, hope work let's me keep the shoes and bag. I lay down and close my eyes remembering Cassanos cheeky smiles and getting lost in his eyes all over again. Replaying his words "what have you got up your dress for me tonight" made me slip away into made up scenarios until I was out.

"We still have no word on who shot what last night" Hans paces the room. "Absolutely no witnesses" he puts his hands up in a frustrated defeat. "Nikita what did you get from him?" He glares over. "Miguel told us about your dance".

"We just spoke about the music sir" I confirmed again, the whole room felt like they had eyes on me.

"That's it?" He seemed like he didn't believe me.

"That's it" I nodded, "I can tell you the story of the Mozart song and Intermezzo if you like..." I offered to ease his mind. "That won't be necessary" he dismissed.

Before I knew it, Friday had come and gone and Elena was meeting me at mine to go somewhere that night.

"Oh my god you have to wear this tonight" she picked up some black lace pants and an oversized black blazer.

"Totally screams mob wife right?" She laughs, she has impeccable style so how could I refuse her.

She wore a black suit also except she did the no bra thing under hers, a goddess amongst women. We went out to eat and she took me to a nightclub which coincidentally enough was the one we raided a week ago but she didn't need to know that. We enter without waiting in line, I'll thank Elena for her looks again and make our way to the bar.

"For someone who never drinks, you drink a lot" she teases me, "well I am seeing you more often so I guess I have to" we laugh and order 4 long islands, either going to be a quick or long night.

We somehow scored a booth on a Friday!? And sat there on our 3rd Long Island. It definitely had already hit us so whilst she was bumping and grinding to Thelma - øfdream I yelled out "going to the bathroom!" she nodded and smiled preoccupied dancing on some guy.

I loved this song and the speakers pulsed through my chest, it felt nice to let loose after this week. I found my way to the bathroom and laughed as I stared at my face because that's when you know you're fucked up. I finished up and came out to find the area somewhat cleared but didn't think anything of it until I was pulled by the arm to the side.

"Why are you here?!" I hear the disgruntled voice and find his face.

"Cassano" I smiled as I was not in a state to be any other way.

"Can you just call me Diego one time" he put one hand up and I laughed and mimicked his Italian hands as he spoke.

He frowned and grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd that parted like the Red Sea. Upstairs we went even though I tried to stop because I didn't want to leave Elena alone.

"Hey guyssss! We meet again" I slurred as I saw Diego's friends and patted Tony's bald head as I walked past. Marco put his fist up to laugh and Tony just blank faced took it and didn't react. We entered a glass room that showed the entire club and he let go of me.

"Again, why are you here?" He folded his arms and leans against the desk.

"I'm with my friend Elena" I tried pointing and fell into the glass laughing. He quickly ran over to make sure I didn't fall, "I'm starting to believe you have an imaginary friend at this stage" he said displeased.

"Don't drink anymore you can't walk around like this" he moved me onto the lounge.

"I don't want to leave Elena alone she doesn't know where I am".

"Which booth?" he looks, requesting me to point through the glass. Took me a while but I found her grinding away the little ant.

Diego walks away and makes a quick call, "my men are watching her, she will be fine" he raises his eyebrows at me as if to say 'is that better'.

"Did you bring me here to finish the job?" I smiled as I walked over to him again leaning on the desk and made a gun with my fingers.