17 - Back Home

-Dream's Pov-

Fundy eventually had to leave and the fireflies were the way to go as I suspected. Mesmerizing all of us as it was admittedly a beautiful sight and kept the phantoms away just enough to get him back home. The next day rolled in quickly and Sapnap and I were back at the village.

Immediately bombarded by the rest of the hunters as well as the villagers of our town. I smiled gently behind my mask as Sapnap helped me limp through the arch entrance. Holding me by my uninjured arm while his other hand held me up by my waist. Sapnap's other shoulder held the duffle bags filled with supplies and goods which were taken by the villagers and-

"Sapnap!"

Karl cried out like Sapnap was gone for weeks and ran towards us. Pushing though everyone else before he shoved me off and jumped into Sapnap's arms- that were once occupied with me might I mention. "Karl!" Sapnap chuckled happily as he hugged the brunette lovingly, catching him last second and holding him close before he hummed and grabbed his face. Smashing their lips together into a loving kiss. Totally forgetting the injured civilian here- me.

I let out a painful groan as I pulled myself up a bit, glaring halfheartedly at the two love birds but I couldn't help but chuckle in the end. I was glad Sapnap could find someone in the end. It almost made me wish I had one, and my mind immediately drifted back to George.

I wouldn't see him for at least 3 days. Not with my injuries like that and not with everyone else looming over my head. It made me frown as I sat there a bit on the ground. Wincing.

"Welcome back hunter. Or should I say the hunted." A voice suddenly said above me and I looked up to see an outstretched hand welcoming me in front of me. "Piss off, Quackity." I grumbled, wincing at the ache of my wounds and took his hand as he chuckled. Lifting me up and throwing my good arm over his shoulder so I could stand up straight.

Quackity was a good friend of mine. He was once part of the hunters, and had the enough potential to be a skilled hunter like me and Sapnap but after a nasty accident and a permanently damaged leg, Quackity had to leave.

"Just saying." He said casually and I, with whatever energy I could muster, punched him playfully in the side. Making him yelp and burst out laughing right after as he tried to push my fist away from very temptedly hitting him again.

I smiled, squeezing him a bit. "Good to see you again, Quack." I said genuinely.

The small crowd chuckled gently at our play-wrestle and I peered, seeing the warm smiles on their faces. Seeing me here and alive. It warmed my heart in a way when I saw just how much they cared about my wellbeing. Soon enough Sam showed up too.

Walking through the crowd that opened up a path for him and he shook his head at us with a small smile. So used to our childish banter by now.

"Alright you two, we have to get Dream to the infirmary." He said, breaking our mini play fight and looked around for Sapnap when- he saw said hunter and Karl eating each other's faces on the side. The raven now holding Karl against the wall as they continued their make out session.

Sam sighed a bit and pinched the bridge of his nose. Pausing for a bit before he straightened up again and shook his head lightly. "They can never tone it down."

"Or get a room." I grimaced but perked when Fundy soon enough joined us. Smiling at Sapnap and Karl. Good, he made it.. "You'd be the same if you found a lover, you know. Leave them be." Fundy smiled with a small chuckle as he glanced back at them.

Would I really..?

"Maybe, maybe not." I shrugged, deciding on that in the end but mind was drifting elsewhere. Like it did the entire night after Fundy left.

No matter how many times I twisted and turned, my mind was focused on George's gentle freckled face. His giddy smile that somehow made my stomach flutter like butterflies. The way he grabbed my hands when he wanted to show me something, or the way he laughed or giggled whenever he was happy.

I've never thought about someone in that way. Never once.

But here I am thinking about Goblin boy. But unlike before, the name didn't leave a sour taste in my mouth. It didn't leave that raging hate or pain that I once had especially with the truth that George wasn't behind my fathers disappearance and death.

Quackity and Fundy eventually got me back to the infirmary where I would probably stay the night or the next few days. I turned carefully on my good side as I looked out the little window. Staring out into the dark night that was illuminated by the gentle touch of the moonlight above.

It was calming. Especially after everything that happened today and the treatment process Karl put me through after he and Sapnap where done smothering each other. I rolled my eyes gently at the thought and let out a relaxed sigh.

Searching for exhaustion in the moon outside, until a bright ball of light suddenly tapped against my window. Making me link in confusion as I very carefully sat up and opened the window.

Seeing the ball of fireflies clearly now as it floated through and dropped something into my lap. A small piece of paper.

"Huh?" I whispered a bit and began opening it. Perking when the fireflies spread out and flew back out the window. I chuckled gently and unwrapped the paper completely. Moving it underneath the moonlight to see a bit more.

Written in quite a scribbled handwriting, the note said:

"Good night, Drem! :)
From your friendly forest goblin!"

Smiling down at the note, I let out a happy chuckle and fall back on my back. Staring up at the little paper in my hands. Goof, you spelt my name wrong..

That night George went to his own bed. Seeing the fireflies return and gave them a little thank you. Chuckling gently as he waved them goodbye, before finally getting underneath his blanket. Nothing but Dream on his mind as he laid.

Thinking this night would be like any other and the next would be just as normal, but little did the both of them know, they were about to face a rollercoaster of nothing but truths, adventures and the definite unexpected..