25 - Repeating History

-Third P. Pov-

A secret, something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others. But how long you can keep a secret is a mystery on its own. No one knows how long this secret could be held for, know one knows until it's finally revealed. It was scary, terrifying even if you didn't know about it's origins or the power that just those words could possess.

But at the end of the day, a secret is always revealed. Years later, in the same moment, centuries later, the secret will reveal itself one way or another whether it is kept for the good of human kind or just to bury a crime output of existence.

There was a story behind the history of forest goblins. A story, a tale, maybe secret even. But there was also a saying, one that said "A villain is just a victim who's story hasn't been told- or perhaps hidden." So what's the story behind the forest goblin? What's the secret and truth behind those creatures that just so happened to exist and the villagers' abrupt hate towards them? Well, that depends.

Years ago long before George and the youth of the village existed, ancestors of the Village of the Mist claimed their land just opposite the forest that long after became the village this new century now lived in. The villagers had their duty for the new generation, a goal, and deep into the forest was a malignity of creatures unknown to humans that had their own.

Creatures of nature that had their own duty of protecting the heart of the forest while remaining invisible to the human eye. It was their home.

Forest goblins had a rule, a rule that said "no human shall befriend a goblin and no goblin shall befriend a human". It was a simple rule yet it had damaging consequences. Consequences that no one on earth could ever expect. It was a rule passed down from generation to generation and they stuck to it each time- well, except for the two young teens who's fates and decisions undeniably changed the future forever.

An outcast living each day with his own unique view towards life, and a troubled human teen who so desperately needed to run away from her manipulative and controlling parents back at the village. Each time the human found herself standing in front of the humongous gold gates leading into the forest. Staring up at it with a bubbling temptation to go against their village's rule and rebel in revenge.

A simple rule, a difficult decision.

The human would be in tears, in heartbreak, and he would be in pain and loneliness hidden behind a forced smile and yet some bubbling urge to learn and discover more. Each time she would find herself just outside the gates of the forest, but never through. Each time and always the same outcome. Until one fateful night finally lead her right through the border and sprinting through the intimating dark woods that, regardless of how deep she ran, surrounded her consistently.

He, on the other hand, had been been exploring the endless and endless lengths of the forest, his home per say. Clayton was always a curious fellow but was shunned for it. Because he was not like regular goblins. Because he was an example of what went against these goblins' rules and beliefs.

He was half human, half goblin and the first to ever exist of his hybrid kind. A god.

And his curiosity and will to explore was just as odd for the goblin malignity since they only ever cared about doing their duty and serving the heart of the forest as their own. Clayton's elf-like ears perked at the sound of faint yet frantic steps nearing whilst he was exploring some cave hidden behind curtains of vines and large leaves.