22 - Promises

-George's Pov-

"George!" Dream yelled from behind me but I kept flying off. Things were getting dangerous, worse and I was getting distracted. I could almost imagine Mr. XD's disappointment and it made my gut swarm with shame.

I could see my old friend, Technoblade, fighting below. A true warrior with an army behind him. A long royal red gown draped from his shoulders with white faux fur spazaming around the collar, pure golden chains and loops dangling from each side of the coat making the fire flaming around us illuminate against it. His face was hidden behind a Hoglin skull and long pink hair blew in the wind as his quick feet sped him through his opponents. Slashing their guts and beheading what laid closest to the sharp end of his glowing netherite sword. And yet the gold embedded crown remained sat on his head. Claiming his place as the King of the Nether.

A king, a god of his own.

The Blood God.

"Blood for the Blood God!" Technoblade's voice roared through the sky and his loyal followers only roared and growled after him. Everyone played their part, now it was my turn.

I flew high above everyone, high above the fire that burned the forest bit by bit and the grounds that would eventually become death grounds, a cemetery. And in the distance a secret began to reveal. A secret that would reveal truths not meant for the human eye to see. The trees started to fall one after the other and soon enough a tall statue of DreamXD stretched into the blazing night sky, stood clear to even the naked eye. A statue so big that you would have to crane your necks enough to see the top. The halo.

I had to move fast.

I closed my eyes in concentration and allowed the power of the forest to rush through my veins once more until it finally hit my heart. My eyes turned as pure as white could get, long antlers grew on my head while my ears grew longer at the tips, and what looked like a large bubble of magic started to form around me.

Dreams heart felt like it was held by a thin, thin thread. His focus was elsewhere as he fought for two things. Fighting for the lives of his family, but also fighting for love. Like he was living two lives at once. Is sword swung through the air, his shield raised to defend, his eyes searched for George, his mind drowned in worry and concern.

Another crossbow was suddenly raised Dream's way but before he could even dodge or shield against it, his body was lunged forward. A force so strong hitting him enough to send him off his feet and slamming against the grounds they fought over. Up above the bubble of magic grew and grew until it finally exploded with a bright flash. A strong gust of pressure and wind shooting out at once in every direction.

"What the fuck is that?!" Dream yelled over the pressure filling his ears and forced his eyes to lift just in time to see everyone else stumbling or on the ground like him.

The bright flash blinded them all and when he finally looked up he could see that same boy he had just kissed not so long ago flying above. But he seemed different, and Dream's eyes widened. Staring up at the large, beautiful white wings that spread far out of my back.

Flapping heavily through the air enough to form strong gusts of wind. Before I could fly down, another figure appeared next to me. Stopping mid dive. Wings almost as big as mine kept him in the air by me while my brain tried to process- "Phil?"

"That's me, mate~" The man laughed beside me, wrinkles folding lightly on his cheery face and he looked down to study the damage. "Techno reached out to me, I could never sit back and leave family to fight alone." Philza smiled, placing a loving hand on my shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Philza was like a father to many, he even got to care for me after Mr. XD's death. When he didn't even need to, but yet he did. The Crow Father. Philza took me under his wing, literally, and there I met Techno, Tommy, Tubbo, and Wilbur. The four brothers. We were all young at the time but eventually Techno and I had to dispatch from them when we were old enough. I had a forest to protect, and Techno had an army he had to overcome.

My heart pounded in adrenaline and my breath hitched as I dared myself to look down. "It's horrible down there-" "That's why we're here to help." He interrupted with his fatherly smile, pointing down below and surely, there they were. Tommy, Tubbo and Wilbur. All fighting alongside me, along side us.

Purple particles suddenly appeared next to us. "Hey guys-" Ranboo started but unlike everyone else, he forgot about his inability to fly. Starting to barrel towards the ground with a yelp and Phil sighed next to me. "I'll get him." He chuckled and swooped down.

I let out a short chuckle before I looked up at the sky. "I'll save everyone, I promise." I whispered, like Mr. XD could hear me, before I allowed myself to start falling. Twirling through the skin-piercing air before barreling towards where Dream and everyone fought.

Once I was close enough, my wings flapped against the direction I was falling in and hauled my body up just before I could impact. I immediately turned to Dream and rushed towards him. Pulling him into a hug and he didn't waste a moment to hug back. Stunned but also so relieved as he held me close. He looks beautiful.. Dream couldn't help but think.

"We're going to win this, and we can live peacefully again." I whispered. Dream nodding against me and his arms tightened around me. "We will.. but I can only live peacefully if you promise you won't die on me.. promise me that, George." Dream whispered as he pulled away to cup my cheeks. Holding my face with hands so delicate and loving.

His eyes were filled with fear as he looked at me but behind them was nothing but love. Dream could see it in mine too because my heart told me this was right. It was meant to be. I reached my hands up to his own and gently cupped them. Holding back my tears as I leaned into his gentle touch and smiled softly.

"I cannot make promises, Dream. But I will fight so that I can be with you again.." I whispered, squeezing Dream's hands once before I pulled away and immediately flew away. Into battle.

Dreams heart clenched the moment I did, watching me fly off for the second time and he had to grit his teeth to hold back his emotions. He's going to win, he's going to fight with everything he had, and in the end, he would be with George. Dream would do anything to make that happen as he let out a yell and raised his sword.

"LETS WIN THIS!"

-

Dead bodies laid everywhere, blood, ashes, fire, war.

I rushed through the mass of fighting men and women and with every step that I took, vines snapped pillagers' necks, the soil beneath either shielded the villagers or swallowed the pillagers to the point of suffocation. The animals helped out too, dears and boars rammed their antlers and horns into our opponents, large birds used their sharp claws to grab away their weapons or pierce their skin, wolves fought as a pack to kill the Ravengers alongside the stone monsters I had formed before. We were all in this together.

A sword of my own soon formed into my hand and I started swinging and stabbing. Tommy and Wilbur doing the same as they were soon on either side of me. "Fuck you bitch- you're dead!" Tommy yelled beside me as he sent his sword stabbing into a pillager's heart and Wilbur chuckled beside me.

"Hey George!" He smiled before he suddenly vanished from his spot next to me and appeared just underneath a pillagers legs. Grabbing his ankles before Wilbur used his phantom powers to drag the pillager down. We were all mythical creatures with powers and abilities of our own. We weren't the same yet we were at the same time.