Chapter 1: Into the other Dimension [I]

[Edited]

Cale was sitting in a rocking chair, staring outside the window while eating grapes. Cale wasn't thinking anything in particular as he blankly stared at the scenery in front of him.

The Forest of Darkness can be seen outside. Cale was staying in Harris Village with his friends. They decided to spend some time in the village after visiting the Henituse Duchy, before going back to the Super Rock Villa.

Cale had finally achieved his dream - a slacker life. After killing the White Star, and sorting out other important matters, they were able to restore peace and stability on the whole continent. Cale could finally enjoy his days by just slacking off.

The city that he and Alberu talked about in the past was eventually established, with the Magic Tower and Alchemist Tower rebuilt inside the city. Rosalyn was the Tower Master of the new Magic Tower, while Rei Stecker was in charge of the new Alchemists' Bell Tower. There was also the bank that he suggested, which got everyone's attention.

The city was growing by the day thanks to the mages and alchemists. Because of that, there were quite a number of people that chose to move there or in the kingdom. The Roan Kingdom's influence was growing as well. It wouldn't be too long for the kingdom to become an empire, as the crown prince desired.

"Young master-nim."

Cale looked over his shoulder and saw Ron and Rosalyn walking towards him. Ron, wearing his usual benign smile, was holding a teacup while Rosalyn was holding a small black box.

Ron approached him first and handed the tea to him. Cale didn't want to accept but had no choice as the old man still scared the hell out of him. He drank the tea, frowning as he tasted the lemonade. He will never be immune to its sour taste.

After drinking the tea, he handed the empty teacup back to Ron, before diverting his attention to Rosalyn.

"Here it is young master Cale."

Cale accepted the box. A wide smile made its way across his face when he saw the contents of the box. The box was filled with a bunch of devices and other inventions the mages and alchemists had created.

"This is great Miss Rosalyn."

"Indeed, young master."

'They are really amazing.'

There was also the ancient dragon, Eruhaben, who probably helped them, since he was also residing in the city, as per Raon's request.

Cale was grinning to himself. He thought about how these devices would help improve their territory and the kingdom, and the amount of money they'd earn if these devices were ever sold to the nobles and masses.

Suddenly, Cale heard a voice in his mind.

- Human, you're smiling like that again!

It was the voice of the seven-year-old dragon, Raon Miru. He looked up and saw the black dragon flying beside him, entering through the window. The dragon was looking at the box in his lap.

"Oh! That must be the new devices our genius Rosalyn made with goldie gramps!"

"That's right, Raon-nim. The alchemists helped too."

"Right, the alchemists are also amazing like Rosalyn and Goldie gramps! But I'm more amazing!"

"Of course, Raon-nim."

Cale ignored the conversation while Ron had excused himself. Cale was closely observing the devices, until a certain device caught his attention.

He picked up the orb, which he believed was a video communication device. It must be an upgraded version. The shiny orb was dyed black. For some reason, he couldn't take his eyes off it.