Chapter 15: Chungmuro (3)

******

A few minutes later, the others have returned and waited for Kim Dokja to return. It didn't take long for him to return and ate a ground rat as soon as he came back.

"Then did you resolve the 'man's secret' well?"

Jung Heewon asked as soon as Kim Dokja finished eating. His companions, including Jung Heewon, had gathered.

"Yes. And I have something for you."

He pulled out the items he gained from the idol. As luck would have it, the Samyeongdang idol contained items and skills.

[Samyeongdang's Beads]

[Samyeongdang's Straw Mat]

Rags and old beads. There were questions in the eyes of everyone present. He knew what they were thinking. However, he also knew this: In this world, 'old' was more likely to be 'good'.

"They seem like good items because they are souvenirs of a great person."

"Great person?"

"Do you know Samyeongdang?"

[A constellation wearing a straw mat has paused at your actions.]

Jung Heewon looked hesitant for a moment.

"Uhm. Yes? from Korean history right..?"

"Who is that?"

Choi Han asked with a frown on his face.

[A constellation wearing a straw mat wishes to appear before character 'Choi Han'.]

"Huh..? is that—oh."

Everyone fell silent after that.

"...Yes, he is in Korean history."

At that moment, Cale poked Yoo Sangah's back. She turned around and looked at him with questioning eyes.

'Say something.'

That was what Cale's gaze was saying. Yoo Sangah was supposed to say something about Samyeongdang. Fortunately, Yoo Sangah got the message and started speaking.

"Ah, that's right... I remember seeing it when I was studying Korean history. Isn't he a monk from the Joseon Dynasty?"

Kim Dokja looked like he was relieved before responding.

"Yes, that's right."

"When the Korean military was struggling to defend against the Japanese invasion…he fought in the Nowongpyeong battle and Wukwandong battle."

As expected from Yoo Sangah. She also studied Korean history but Kim Dokja didn't know this.

[A constellation wearing a straw mat is touched by character 'Yoo Sangah'.]

Kim Dokja nodded. "Anyway, these items have his strength."

"...Really?"

"...Wow, it is real!"

Jung Heewon, Lee Hyunsung and Han Myungoh were surprised when they confirmed the item information. Of course, only Han Myungoh truly felt surprised that time.

"Still, how did Dokja-ssi know to get this?"

"Just, I put my hands together in front of the Samyeongdang statue and…they fell from the sky."

"Huh? No way…"

"T-That's..."

"Ehem. Ehem."