Hunting Season

3 days later

I held my head as I rose from the bed and looked around. I was in a small room that looked as though someone had lived in it before me. My feet hit the cold floor and carried me to the door. Cautiously I turned the nob and looked around in confusion.

My head peaked through the hallway as the door slowly closed behind me and I made my way down the candle-lit hallway. My hand glided against the wall as I stared at the pictures of people on the wall, people I'd never seen in my life.

I stuck my hand out as I came to a huge door at the end of the corridor, turning the nob and holding my breath as I stepped inside. I looked around the office as the fice cackled in the fireplace.

Harlow: Who are you?

I said as I looked at the back of a high chair

Man: Congratulations on being the only person to make it this far.

Harlow: What do you mean only person? Where are Taylor and Roy?

Man: Well Taylor drowned and her brother was a loose end, and we don't keep loose ends

Harlow: What?

I said as I held my face as tears welled up in my eyes and I shook my head in denial

Harlow: No! You bring them out right now, show yourself

Man: But you've already seen me

Harlow: What? No, I haven't, I don't know sick psychos

I stepped back as he got up from the chair and took something from his neck and placed it on his desk. He fixed his jacket as he turned and came out of the shadows toward me. My head shook as I held my head in shock.

Harlow: Dad?!

Man: Look I know this may be hard to explain-

I stepped back as he came closer with his hand held out

Harlow: No! No! I can't be, b-but you're dead I-i watched you die.

Julius: Baby I'm sorry it had to be done

Harlow: No, don't call me that, you're not my dad, my dad died 10 years ago

Julius: No honey, it was all part of the plan I got out

Harlow: You got out? While mom and I were on the streets suffering 

Julius: I'm sorry I wish I could have come for you but I couldn't

Harlow: Mom's dead!

I shouted as my lungs burst and I struggled to process everything. I couldn't believe that all of this time he was alive.

Julius: Although it was unfortunate-

Harlow: Oh my God, you killed mom! T-those men that took me were the same ones from you're crew, y-you set it up.

Julius: Listen to me Harlow, calm down we can talk this through.

Harlow: You killed my mom...there's nothing to talk about. And for what? To stay behind a voice changer and torture people to death?

I stepped forward as I struggled to keep my tears from coming out but completely lost it as I felt the line roll down my face as I pounded my chest.

Harlow: Was it worth it?

Julius: Harlow-

Harlow: Was. it. worth. it? Losing everyone in your family, was it worth it?

I stared into his eyes as he sighed, nodding my head before turning away and slamming the door behind me. My muffled cries filled the empty hall as I collapsed to the floor and screamed, letting all of the pain I held inside out. All of the memories I had crying over my father each night as I thought he was dead filled my head as I panted and stared at my hand as I balled it up.