Deconstruct Melrose

Adam saw Victor walk back into the living room. "Is he resting?" He asked as he picked up the wrap, gauze and rubbing alcohol.

Victor smiled. "He's already asleep. I'm glad to see it, too."

Adam smiled softly, "That's good to hear." He said as he started to walk toward the bathroom to put the stuff away. "He really needs it." He said in a soft whisper. He was worried for Ryan..and Victor. He could tell that something was bothering him and he didn't wanna pry but..he sighed. He put the stuff back into their rightful place and started to walk back.

Jack noticed that Victor was back. He walked up next to him.
"Hey..." He said in a hushed voice. "Thank you, for everything you've done today. You really didn't need to help as much as you did."
Victor shook his head. "Nonsense. I was just doing the right thing. He's our brother, after all."
Jack squinted. "If you don't mind me asking...what did you mean when you said you had experience with what Ryan's going through?"
Victor's demeanor changed drastically. He swallowed uncomfortably. How should he tell him?

Adam made his way back into the living room and saw that Victors demeanor changed. He walked toward Victor, "Victor...you okay?" He asked in a slightly worried tone.

Victor glanced up at Adam, then back down at the floor. "You three...what do you fellas do for a living...out of curiosity?"

Adam tilted his head, "...We do music for a living." He said, he was a little confused.

Victor blinked. "...Curious."

"W-Why?" Jack returned. "Does it...have to do with what I asked?"

Victor shrugged. "It's...certainly different from what me and my brothers do."

Adam was curious now, "What..do you and your brothers do?" He asked, "You don't have to tell us, if you don't want to obviously."

"Well...we each have different careers," Victor explained. "I, myself, am a doctor. I specialize in extreme cases...people on the brink of death. I've seen a lot in my time..."

It was starting to make sense now. Jack looked at him sympathetically.

"I used to be one of the top in my field. The best in New York City, some would even say," He continued. "I'd never claimed to be that, but it was nice that people appreciated my work. What I valued more was helping people. But..." He closed his eyes tightly.

Adam frowned, he could tell this was hurting Victor. It's starting to click into place on why Victor wanted to do everything he could to help.."..You don't need to continue if you don't want too Victor..if it hurts to much, you can stop."

Victor shook his head. "Everything in my life was...fine, for the most part. I was...happy. Nothing ever really went that wrong," He paused and took a shaky breath. He opened his eyes and looked down at his hands. "...Nothing...until the accident."

Adam put a hand on Victors shoulder, "Take your time..." He said in a soft voice.

Jack's stomach was in a knot. He was worried for Victor.

"It all happened so suddenly..." Victor's voice was breaking. "One moment, I was finishing up with a patient in my office. The...the next moment...four more arrive in critical condition, all covered in third degree burns from a factory fire..." Tears fell onto his face, "...my Ryan...was one of them..."

Adam side hugged Victor. He couldn't imagine what Victor felt like in that moment...if he saw Ryan like that...he doesn't know what he would do.

"I only had so much time, everyone...everyone was in so much pain," Victor winced at the memory. "I can still hear all of their cries, even...Ryan's...his were the worst of all..."