Time To Go PT.1

Things were finally in motion. The Jacks gathered tools and safety equipment, and anxiously prepared to attempt to deconstruct the button. This was going to be incredibly risky. No one knew what to expect. Well, no one except one.

Data and Risk stood out of everyone’s way. Data watched as the calamity around them ran rampant, his arms crossed in front of him.

“They’re going to such absurd lengths…” Data mused, shaking his head.

Risk nodded, "Yeah..I mean..they think the thing will kill someone." He said as he watched Ryan carefully. "I mean..can it actually kill someone?" He asked quietly.

Ryan could feel eyes on him as he helped everyone with gathering tools. He looked up and saw Risk staring at him, he quickly looked back down.

Adam put the button on the table, he had the Jacks put the tools and safety equipment next to him. He was gonna do this, he put on the safety goggles. He took a breath, oh god.

Ryan went up to Adam, "Are you sure you want to do this..?" He asked.

Adam nodded, "Yes." He said with certainty.

Data glanced at Risk. He didn’t know if he should say anything. Should he tell him…?

No. Now wasn’t the time. He turned his attention back to the group.

Jack watched Adam with unease. He was scared to even be watching any of this in the first place. What if this went wrong? What if this all went horribly wrong? What if it…killed them? He couldn’t get the thoughts out of his head. His hands were shaking as he tried to put gloves on them.

Melrose saw Jack shaking, he finished putting on his gloves and put a hand on his shoulder. He didn't know what to say..he was scared as well..

Risk looked at Data..he could tell he wasn't saying something. "What..? I can tell you're hiding something." He said quietly.

Ryan put on gloves and safety goggles. He looked around and realized everyone was..ready. He put a thumbs up toward Adam.

Adam nodded and started to open the button carefully.

Data sighed. “You asked if it could kill people? …It can. No more questions right now.”

The Jacks all held their breath as Adam unscrewed the first bolt slowly.

Risk raised an eyebrow, "Okay.." He turned his attention to Adam who was now unscrewing the last bolt.

Adam finished unscrewing the bolts and with a deep breath in and out he pulled it apart. When he looked at it..it looked like..human flesh? He almost screamed as he dropped it back onto the table, "What the fuck?"

Ryan quickly moved toward Adam, "Adam?" He asked, concern laced in his tone. When Adam didn't answer him he grabbed the button and saw what was inside..he screamed.

The button sat on the table for all to see. Jack felt sick looking at it. He…couldn’t tear his eyes away from it…no matter how hard he tried. He eventually forced himself to close his eyes. He tried not to cry or scream at the very sight of it; grotesque, yet still organic…how was this thing running on something like that? He was panicking.

Data’s eyes widened when he caught a glimpse of the button’s core. “Well…I can’t say I was expecting that…” He leaned against the wall.

Risk stood in shock, "What.. the fuck?" He said in amazement and curiosity.

Melrose looked at it, "How...what..?" He honestly didn't have any words besides those two.

Ryan was on the couch curled into himself, what the fuck..? What the actual fuck. How is there human flesh in there..?