Bad Liar

Adam woke up with a small start, he looked over and noticed that Jack was still there. He took a relieved breath in and out, thank god.
Jack groggily blinked himself awake. Adam laid beside him, just starting to wake up. Jack still didn't...feel right. Not like himself, he guessed was the term. He was getting better, but...mentally, part of him was still left behind at the tracks. He wasn't entirely sure if that part of him would ever come back. He looked out toward his bedroom window. It was just barely sunrise.

Adam yawned and stretched, he noticed Jack was awake, "Morning, J." He looked at him with a small smile hoping that he is at least a little okay today.

Jack turned onto his other side to face Adam. "Hey..." He spoke quietly to not wake up the others. He rubbed his eyes with the side of his hand. "...How'd you sleep...?"

"..I slept..okay." Adam said softly, it was a lie. He dreamed about Jack just..disappearing from his arms. "How'd you sleep?"

Jack shrugged. Even that much was a lie, too. He was afraid to even shut his eyes out of fear of what he would see in his nightmares. During what little sleep he got…in the back of his mind, he could still hear the train horns…
“I…hope Ryan’s okay…” He glanced up toward his bedroom door, at the hallway.

Adam looked toward the open bedroom door and at the hallway, "I hope he's okay..too." He said with a small frown. At least Victor was with him throughout the night.

It was the morning when Ryan woke up with a sharp breath, he was still cuddled against Victor. He took a deep breath in and out, he had to remind himself he wasn't at the tracks. He yawned softly and rubbed his eyes, he looked outside..it was the early morning, he looked at his alarm clock, it was 7am.

Victor gently woke up as he felt Ryan move next to him. He inhaled slowly as he glanced over.
“Good morning…” He greeted, stretching his arms. “How…how are you feeling?”

Ryan looked at Victor, "..Morning..I'm feeling..okay. A little better than yesterday." He said in a gruff voice from sleep. He stretched his limbs a little bit. He looked over and realized that his glasses fell off when he was sleeping, he grabbed them from the other side of Victor and put them on, "That's better.." He said with a soft chuckle.

Victor smiled lightly. “Your head feels alright?” He reached up and checked Ryan’s bandages. He’d probably have to replace them one more time.

Ryan nodded, "Yeah, it feels better." He said with a small smile. "Thanks to you." His voice was soft. He sat up and stretched a little as to not make his stab wound hurt.

Victor scoffed. “No need to thank me. I’m just doing my job…as a brother, and as a doctor…” He smiled at the wall.

Ryan looked at Victor, "Well..thank you anyway." He looked out the window seeing the sunrise. A new day..but..they need to figure out how to get the others home which means..Victor would have to leave.. He sighed sadly.

Victor noticed a change in Ryan’s disposition. He tilted his head. “Are you…sure you’re alright?”

Ryan raised his shoulders, "Y..Yeah I'm fine.." He looked everywhere but at Victor. He hugged his legs to himself.

Victor stared blankly at Ryan. “…You’re a terrible liar, Ry,” He moved closer to Ryan and crossed his legs. “Come on. Talk to me.”

Ryan could feel tears start to fill his eyes, "...I...I don't want you..to leave...what if..you leave and..never come..back." His voice cracked with emotion. He hugged his legs tighter, "I know you have a..life in your time..and it's selfish..for you to stay..but.." He stopped himself as he could feel tears fall down his face.