𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗼𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗢𝘄𝗹

100 reads already? Ty guys! This is the fastest I've ever had a book get that far!
It's also why I'm posting these new headcanons early, as a sort of special :)

Hope you enjoy! :D

───*.:*.:*.*.:*.:*. ───

Sabre: As unhealthy as it is, Sabre is both an early bird and night owl. The world can't save itself, so Sabre has to lose sleep as a consequence of that. It also means he's sleep deprived most of the time, and getting a decent 8 hours of sleep is rare for Sabre.

Shadow Sabre: Unlike his counterpart, Shadow likes to stay up late and be a night owl. He likes to watch the stars if he gets the chance, but it's not like he'd ever admit it.

Rainbow: Rainbow has been an early bird since the day he was created from the Orange Crystal.... and also because of Gerald. He's up at the crack of dawn every morning, and always gets Rainbow up to feed him. That, and he has to be the Hero and make sure the world is safe almost daily.

Light: Light is also an early bird, even when he was Shy Orange Steve. It also helps because as the leader of the Colorless Guard, everyone needs to be up early in order to keep the kingdoms safe.

Galaxy: For Galaxy, it kind of depends on the day. Sometimes he stays up late, other times he goes to bed early. It all depends on how he feels at the end of the day.

Time: Time is an early bird, but not by choice. He used to be a night owl before the Rainbow Kingdom was created, but because of his brother forcing him to stay in the Time Dimension, he went to sleep early to block out the pain from his brother weakening him.

Elemental: Elemental loves waking up early. He finds it fascinating to watch the sun rise and watch the sky change colors, and also because he finds it hard to sleep in.

M: Before he was an apprentice, M was a night owl. However, his duties as the next-in-line to rule the Red Kingdom forced him to get up early each day. He adapted to it over time, and eventually learned to love it since he got to watch the sun rise over the mountains surrounding his kingdom.

"Therapist" Green Steve: It's safe to say that Therapist is an early bird. Having no role in any kingdom, he can spend his time as he pleases, though he likes to get up early and take a walk through the forest around his home to wake himself up.

Chestplate Yellow Steve: Chestplate Yellow has always been an early bird, even before he joined the Colorless Guard. He finds it fun to take a run outside the kingdom he stays in at dawn just so he can feel the cold air and dew against his ankles. He finds it interesting and a good way to wake up and get some exercise before starting his day.

Dark: Unlike most of his friends, Dark is a night owl. He has a hard time falling asleep at night, due to being plagued by nightmares of his past and what he did before being brought out of the Dark Crystal, so he stays up as late as he can so he doesn't have to deal with the memories of his past for as long as possible.

Origin: Due to having to watch over his creations, Origin is both an early bird and night owl. He knows it isn't healthy, but his curse prevents him from getting a decent amount of sleep. He's adapted to it over time, but it doesn't mean he isn't slightly sleep deprived, like Sabre and Galaxy.

——

Published: 12/4/2021