Running

I woke up the next morning a little before 7 and went into the kitchen and pulled out strawberries and a banana, with some toast on the side. I ate until Ross walked into the room. "Bout time you woke up I was about to go get you." I said.

"Well I usually sleep way later than this but for some reason I just woke up."

"Well here is a banana and some strawberries, would you like some toast?" I asked.

"I would love some." After he scarfed down his breakfast we left on our run. We ran down to the beach and around and then back towards a park by his house. There we stopped and took a little break and talked. "So should we head back to your house?"

"Actually there's one more place I wanna take you to."

We started running up and around then neighborhood, then he made me run up a giant hill but I wasn't complaining I'm pretty in shape.

We finally stopped and I looked around. It looked like we were on top of the world. The scenery was beautiful up here. My silence was broke by the sound of his voice, "this is my favorite place to come to just to sit and think."

"I love it" I said amazed.

We decided just to walk back to his house after that. When we got back everyone was up and moving. "Emma I think we should head home now?"

"What you guys have to leave now?!" Rydel asked.

"Yeah I wanna get home and shower."

"Alright, why don't I drive you guys home?!" said Rydel.

"Sounds good to me."

We went out to her car and jumped in. I gave her directions back and it only took us about 2 minutes to get to our apartment.

"Hey Rydel, maybe tonight you could come over for a girls night."

"I would love to, text me later."

"Will do."

~later that night~

"Hey, hey, hey" Rydel said coming into out apartment.

"What should we do?" I asked looking around for suggestions.

"Let's talk" said Rydel. "Riley I was kinda wondering what you thought of my brother Ross."

"He's cool why?"

"I think he likes you."

"Oh, okay."

"That's it you aren't going to do anything about it?!"

"I'm sorry Rydel but I don't want relationship after what happened with my last."

"But Ross is different."

"No you just don't understand" I said raising my voice at her.

"Riley why don't you just-" Emma tried to butt in before I cut her off.

"NO! Emma you know what happened and I don't want to talk about it, it's a long story can we just drop this."

"Yeah sure..." Rydel said, I could tell I made her a little uneasy but like my favorite disney movie The Lion King says "you gotta put the past behind you".

The night continued with us talking but it was still awkward with the whole blow up earlier.