Chapter-22

Happy reading 💙

Livia's POV

"Zane,can you help me with this some..syntax..and stuff", calling him for nth time I relaxed my head on chair.

I heard Zane's groan making me laugh.

"Goddamn brat, How are you so horrible with programs?", He murmured but I heard it perfectly making me glare at him.

"Excuse me, I'm horrible with programs and that's the reason I'm working with you, you horrible annoying jerk", pointing my index at his chest slightly poking it, his eyes were on me glaring at me with same intensity.

"Take that back now, brat", he bossed as I rolled my eyes at him.

"What are you gonna do if I don't want to take that back, Zane Ava Ricardo?", a threatening smirk of him made me gulp inside.

Devil Zane is back!

In a second,he changed our positions.

He in my chair, me at his lap...

Pulling me closer to his chest,our faces merely an inch away giving me a better view of his face.

His hand came to my hair that have fallen on my face while changing our position.

"Za..ne", I stuttered as his eyes wandered between my eyes and lips.

"Do you want me to kiss you, Livia Ricardo?", His question caught me off guard as my eyes fluttered at his question.

"Do you..want to?", I asked as my hands hold his cheeks trying to bold.

"If I don't want to, why would I ask?", His dark chuckle vibrated his chest making me smile.

"Do you know what you are asking for? We are supposed to hate each other", I remembered him so he should not regret it later.

"Let's put a pause on our hate game for next ten minutes. Is that okay with you?", His question made me laugh and my heart race?

"Is this my Zane? Almighty Zane Ava Ricardo is asking for permission?", I asked as my hand played with his hair locks as he liked my touching.

Only I had the privilege even before our marriage to touch him or caress him.

Why didn't I notice?

"Is that a yes or no?", His impatience was evident in his eyes as I chuckled.

"I asked you a question", he gripped my waist to focus my attention on him.

"Yes, Mr.Zane Ava Ricardo", I smirked at him as he smirked back.

My eyes closed automatically as his lips was just an inch away from me.

Just an inch. I was waiting, waiting for his lips to reach mine.

"I have a meeting to attend. We will continue it later", his response made me confuse as I opened my eyes only to find Zane smirking at me wider.

He played me.

"Jerk", disappointment was evident in my voice as I walked towards door to get away from him.

I didn't turn back as I decided to get some time off.

To relax I went to the area where an basket ball event was going on with ours and our competitors.

I nodded at everyone's greetings taking a seat at the front.

Shocking as Devin was there playing.

I wanted to go out.

Zane walked inside as the deafening silence took place seeing the boss.

He nodded at everyone asking people to not to mind him.