Chapter Eight

You were happy.

(Tw: mention of blood, being drugged, plus some angst.

Big shout out to GraySc4le666
You literally added this story to so many reading lists... thank you ❤ you're amazing.)

TIME SKIP:
2 DAYS LATER
TIM
E: 3:42 A.M

You were sitting with your legs crossed on your bed. Why were you up at this hour? Why couldn't you sleep? You remember taking some melatonin previously before 12, but it hadn't seemed to help. You tried taking another, but still nothing.
You had been thinking back to the day before...

FLASHBACK
PREVIOUS DAY
11:34 A.M

"Honey? Will you open this damn door?!"
A familiar voice shouted from outside of the house.
"Go away! I'll call the police!"
"Call the police?.. y/n... open the door." Rez sniffled.
'Is he.. crying..?' You slowly walk to the door, hesitantly pushing the lock to the side, but refusing to say anything.
Rez hears the lock and opens the door. He looked... hurt?
You begin to feel almost sorry. "What.. do you need, Rez..." you hesitantly speak.
"Can I come in?" He asked as he crossed his arm.
You only nod, starting to feel too scared to speak.
Rez walks in and plops himself on the couch, his arms still crossed.
"Let me stay with you for about 3 weeks."
"What?!" You suddenly spoke, this is probably the loudest thing you've said in months.
"Lower your damn voice." Rez scoffed.
You nodded and looked away. "Issa kicked me out. So I need a place to stay."
"Issa... the girl you...-"
"Are with?" Rez cut in.
"....The one you ...cheated on me with..."
"Yeah, her." Rez nodded, "Let me stay here. You get paid good still I bet. You can just consider it like old times. Taking care of your favorite guy."
"You... you chea-"
"Right? Your favorite guy?"
You suddenly felt like you could speak, the tone he was using was like it use to be.. threatening yet with a hint of bitter sweet...
"What? You want me on the streets? How fucking selfish of you. You fucking brat."
"J..just... stay then... you know where the guest room is.. "
"D'aw... making me sleep alone?" Rez smirked.
You shut the front door and went to your own room without answering,  locking your bedroom door.
"Come on! Baby, your being mean." Rez sighed, but you didn't answer.

END OF FLASHBACK
PRESENT MOMENT: 3:47 A.M

You hated your home now... you were lucky your room was your office. You didn't have to leave this room...

You could hear rummaging in the kitchen... what was it? You had heard it every night since Rez got here...
You hesitantly get up and crack your door open, luckily you could see the kitchen from there.
You look to see Rez... he was rummaging around in the drawers and cabinets. You watch carefully as he pulled out a knife and set it on the counter. He was mumbling... but you couldn't make words out. He had a small bag with him too... he pulled out a pill bottle... and something else, but with how dark the house was you couldn't make out what it was. A case of some sort...
You see Rez place the case on the counter and pick up the melatonin you had been taking periodically throughout the night. You had been taking it for quite a few nights, actually.
You look, watching carefully.
He takes something out of the case... a syringe?..
You see him pick up the pill bottle.
'Wait... thats... not a pill bottle...'
You thought as you watched him. He poked the syringe into this bottle.. it was.. medicine? A medicine bottle? 'Like.. for insulin things...' you thought of the best comparison.
You see him slowly fill the syringe with the liquid,  and one by one inject some into the red gummies of Melatonin.
You had a sudden realization...
You have been taking these for awhile... multiple a night... and Rez has been doing something to them. Is this why the melatonin hasn't been working right recently?.. some nights it works too well... others not at all... 'has... he been poisoning me...?' You thought.

You suddenly rush with panic.

"Doll! If you wanted to watch me do this you should be smart about it! I can see your fucking LED lights from here." Rez said, he was chuckling.. you hated it. You close your door quickly, locking it.
You were shaking... you were scared. You were terrified of what you had been taking the past of nights, what was in your gummies...
You quickly got your phone out and tried to think of who to message...
You heard all the noise in the kitchen stop...
You panicked more... but slowly unlocked your door. You smelt something weird in the air... something wrong... you slowly open your door, but as soon as your did you felt your head get bashed to the doorframe. You didn't even let a scream out before your ears started to ring. Your body went numb but you were breathing heavily and in pain. Tears in your eyes as you shakily looked up at a smiling Rez. You hold your hands to your head tight in attempt to cover your ears, wanting the intense ring to stop. Things were muffled, including your own pained cries. Rez has always been strong, but you never knew he could use it like this... you felt things start to become more numb, more dark. More gone. Your eyes shoot over to your phone... Rez was picking it up...
But you don't remember anything after that... you see your vision shift down as you fall on your side.
Rez smiled at you, then you were gone.