Can't Live Without You (6)

Chapter 6- Ross' Point of View:

 It was another horrible nightmare. 

Tap. Tap. Tap. "Ross you can't catch me!" Penelope teased as she ran around the house. I laughed as I chased after her.

Penelope's laugh echoed through the halls. The sound of her laughing bouncing on the walls made me stop running. Her laugh was so contagious and full of happiness, but it bouncing on the walls made my hairs stand up and my senses to stay on alert. 

 I cautiously walked to Penelope's bedroom. I slowly opened the door. Penny and Matt were on the bed and making out. They pulled away once they realized someone was in the room. Penny intertwined her hand with Matt's and smirked at me. 

  "Holy crap.." I whispered under my breath. 

 It was morning and the sunshine from outside brightened the room. The birds were chirping happily. I was alone in the guest room. I guess they went to the kitchen to eat, I thought. 

  I jumped out of bed and walked out of the room. I could hear everyone idly chatting. "Morning," each of them said as I made my way down the stairs. I bluntly replied each of them a good morning and hopped on one of the stools surrounding the island in the kitchen. 

   I had a fairly weird dream and barely had any sleep last night, so I was in no mood for cheerful, happy good mornings. 

 Miss. Andrews handed me a plate of bacon and eggs as I sat in my seat. Rydel poked at her food and slowly ate some of the pieces of the bacon. Riker was reading through a magazine and everyone else was eating their breakfast. 

  "Woo Hoo!" i heard Jesse yell as he ran down the stairs with Penny bouncing up and down on his back. 

   Penny's arms were wrapped around Jesse's neck tightly, probably scared that he would drop her from how fast he was running down the steps. "Don't drop me, silly!" she half yelled, half laughed. 

  Once they were down the stairs, Jesse made a bee-line through the kitchen then dropped Penny onto the couch in the living room. I could hear Penny laugh and both of their footsteps 

   After a few minutes, the two appeared in the kitchen. Penny took a seat next to me, while Jesse took a seat in between Penny and Evan. "So what's the plan for the day?" Rydel asked. Her hair was  down and she was wearing jeans and a spaghetti strap shirt. She obviously wanted to do something today.

     Me, on the other hand, didn't mind just sitting around at home while watching a movie or just catching up on my sleep. It was boring, but i felt like having a peaceful day. 

       Penelope's phone beeped on the table and she quickly checked what it was. "Matt just texted me that he wants us to come over to record some vocals." Penny looked at me. "And your dad said he wants some new photos of you guys for your new album right after vocals." 

         Well there goes my peaceful day..

     "Alright then. We better get going. You guys get ready. We'll wait down here," Rydel said. The girls had practically been dressed and ready while the guys were still in their pajama bottoms and a random t-shirt. 

~*~

    Once we got to Matt's place, it was quiet, the sunshine was pouring into the room, and the smell of coffee filled the room. "Mathew Hollins, it is way too early for you to be drinking coffee!" Cassidee yelled at Matt. As she took away his cup of coffee, Ms. Anderson walked into the room. 

   "Cass, honey, can you make me a cup of coffee?" Ms. Anderson asked. Cass gave the cup of coffee to Ms. Anderson. "Thank you Cass." She took a sip from the cup. "Well I'll be running some errands. If you need anything, just call me." And with that she left. 

  "F*ck you Cass!" Matt yelled as he gave up making another cup and poured himself some water. 

   "I know you want to, but she's not your type!" Penny yelled at Matt from the living room. 

   Matt replied, "You two suck you know that?" 

   Penny and Cassie started to laugh hysterically. These two were being very immature and inappropriate. It was hilarious. Matt couldn't help but crack a smile too. "You know what? How about you two five year olds go to the sound booth and sing some new songs." 

   As he said that, Penny and Cassie started to complain like little kids. I rolled my eyes and I pushed the both of them towards the practice room. Everyone else followed us and we all sat down on the bean bag chairs as we waited for Matt to walk inside the room. "Okay, with Penny and Cassie's childishness aside, I want Penny and Dez to sing together and then you guys can do whatever you want." And with that, Matt exited the room to do some other business things. 

~*~

   It was about 1pm now and Penny had to record a cover of a song, but the problem was that we had no song to cover. 

  "Wait guys. I got a song!" Dez cheered. "Okay first, Ross and Penny get into the booth." We followed her directions and went inside. Dez closed the door so we couldn't hear them talking outside of the booth. After they were done talking, the band came in and Dez put the lyrics on the music stand in front of Penny and I. 

    The band started to play and Penny and I looked at each other. They were playing "We'll Be A Dream" by We The Kings featuring Demi Lovato.

   "Do you remember the nights we'd stay up just laughing. Smiling for hours at anything," I started to sing. "Remember the nights, we drove around crazy in love." Penny smiled and mouthed the lyrics with me as the band started to get louder. "When the lights go out. We'll be safe and sound. We'll take control of teh world like it's all we have to hold on to. And we'll be a dream." 

  Penny took a breath and sang. "Do you remember the night we made our way dreaming, hoping of being, someone big. We were so young then. We were too crazy, in love.." 

  The band got louder again and both Penny and I sang together. "When the lights go out, we'll be safe and sond. We'll take control of teh world like it's all we have to hold on to. And we'll be a dream." Penny sang the high note as the band and I sand "Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa." 

  Penny smiled and closed her eyes as she remembered the song. We sang it together all the time. "When the lights go out. We'll be safe and sound. We'll take control of the world like it's all we have to hold on to and we'll be." 

  Penny's voice came out strong as she sang the lyrics. As I sang the basic lyrics, Penny sang them with high notes. I was amazed by her talent. 

  When we finished singing, Penny and I smiled at each other. "That was amazing," Dez said to us. We both smiled again. Penny had definitely changed. She was more confident in her voice and it definitely helped her a lot. Her eyes lit up as everyone else complimented her. Her smile never faltered and although she was crowded by the band and her siblings, her eyes met mine and it was like we were teenagers again. The butterflies in my stomach awoke as she stared into my hazel eyes and i looked into her brown. 

  I was definitely falling for this girl all over again. 

_______

Author's Note:

   So yeah. I am terribly sorry for the exteremely late update, I feel horrible about it and I can't say sorry enough times. Last night I pulled one of my famous "Stay up all night to finish the chapter" nights and i think it was worth it because although i did not finish it last night, I finished it today! Yeah. Um hope you enjoy the chapter. There will be a new one either today or tomorrow depending on my schedule. Happy Father's day for anyone who is in America and celebrating it. Have a great day guys! <3

SUMMER 2013~