Can't Live Without You (4)

Chapter 4

Ross' Point Of View

   I finished the pancakes that Rydel made me. Her, Riker, Rocky, and Ratliff went to the city to go shopping. When I had finished my breakfast, I heard footsteps going down the spiral staircase. "Well good morning," Dez said.

"Oh hey Dez," I greeted.

She laughed. "Oh I didn't think you'd remember me. It's been years since I've seen you. You were like what 14 when I met you?" 

I laughed and nodded my head. "Yeah. I remember. Jesse couldn't shut up when he first found out that he had a long lost sister." She smiled and walked over to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water. "So what's happened since Penny and the gang moved over here?" 

"Oh well Penny and Cassidee obviously started to gain an accent like me. And um Penny reunited with Matt who she knew from high school but he moved to England after a few months. And he gets her gigs and stuff. Penny and the gang all have their own spare bedrooms here but they also have their own rooms at our house," Dez explained. "And Penny has really accomplished a lot after a few years even though she's going through a lot."

Wait Penelope was going through problems? What happened? When I was about to ask Dez, Cassie called her name as she ran towards us. "Dez! Have you seen Penelope anywhere?" Cassie asked Dez. 

Just then footsteps echoed through the room as a sleepy Penelope bounded down the steps, wearing a purple robe with her name written in cursive letter on the side. She yawned and poured herself a cup of coffee. "Penelope!" Cassie yelled.

Penny looked at her sister. "Yeah?" she said, yawning. 

"Penelope you have dance practice in an hour, a photo shoot after that, you have to record some new songs for your new album, and then you're performing at a show after that! You're very busy today. Come on get ready," Cassie complained. 

Penny laughed. "Cass, calm down. I know I have a busy schedule today. I have my outfit picked out already and I have everything ready. I'm just having some coffee and being lazy for a few minutes. Now let me continue with it," Penelope said. 

Cassidee sighed, giving up on fighting with her little sister.  She rolled her eyes as she poured her herself a glass of milk. Penny smiled, finished her coffee and ran back upstairs to get changed. 

She came downstairs a few minutes later wearing jeans and a white crop top with Love printed on it in red ink in cursive. She fixed her shoes and then her hair. "Do I look okay?" she asked.

I was stunned. She was so beautiful. "You look perfect!" Dez and Cassie said, running to hug her. Penny laughed. 

Penelope was amazing. She was everything a guy wanted but had a few flaws in herself. I couldn't stop thinking of what Desiree was saying. What had Penelope been through? She'd always been fine through the years of us being together and the few days when I just arrived. Well except that time when I saw her cry that one night. But that couldn've been anything. 

"Ross?" 

I looked up to look at Penny and she was raising an eyebrow, just looking at me in deep in thought. She laughed and shook her head, walking pass me and getting a bottle of water. "So what are we doing first?" 

Penny gulped down her water.  We all headed to the dance room and the girls practiced with the other background dancers. Penny of course was the lead and singing while the dancers interacted with her. Some of the guy dancers put their arms around her waist as she sang but i think it was just part of the dance. It did make my blood boil a bit though. 

After their dance practice, the background dancers waved goodbye and they headed to the lift, probably too sore to walk down the steps to the first floor. Penny, Cassidee, and Dez gathered their stuff and we all headed to Penny's car. "So where are we going now?" I asked curiously.

"Well we're going to our photoshoot!" Cassie exclaimed.

"Yup. Cassie loves going to photoshoots cause we get to see the Victoria's Secret models again!" Dez said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Wait what?" 

"Oh Cassie is a professional model and sometimes the Victoria's Secret Angels come for their fittings or just to see us. Sometimes they even video chat with us while we're there. They adore us," Penny explained. 

After 15 minutes a large building appeared in the distance. Penny parked in the private parking and we all walked inside. We rode up on the elevator and Cassie pushed open 2 glass doors. "Guys they're here!" someone called.

Cassie and Penny laughed and 3 girls hugged them and Dez. "Oh my gosh. Penny is this your boyfriend? He's so cute," one of the girls said.

Penny blushed and then laughed. "Um no. He's my ex-boyfriend but we're still close friends," she said.

"Oooh then can I have him?!" a guy with a camera said. He ran up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Ross this is Sky," she pointed to the blonde. "That is Liz," she pointed to the brunette. "That is Jade," she pointed to the dark haired girl with the red highlights. "Oh and the one around your waist is Taylor. If you haven't noticed already, he's bi," Penny said.

Taylor let go of me. "Yes thanks for explainging that to him Penny. And babe i know you want a piece of this but I'm taken already," Taylor sassed.

We all burst out laughing and Taylor laughed along with us. "Alright Taylor. Enough of that. Let's get on with the photo shoot!" Cassie and Penny nodded and ran to their dressing rooms to get ready. 

Dez and I sat on a white couch while we waited. The girls came into the room wearing all black and they walked in-front of the white background. Taylor got his camera ready and told the girls what to do. "Okay Cassie have your back lean against Penny's and vise-Versa," Taylor said.

Cassie did as she was told and leaned. Then they both did their poses. "The theme is dark angels. Like the darkness yet angelicness of the girls. That's why they're in black," Dez explained to me. I nodded, understanding the concept now.

My eyes were locked onto Penny as she posed. She smiled but there was something a little off. Her eyes were filled with sorrow and despair even though she was smiling and looked happy.

I guess it was nothing. It was very hard for me to read Penny since she was so good at hiding her feelings most of the time. Emotions I saw were mostly in her songs. I noticed that most of them were sad or slow or talking about someone in misery. 

"Alright girls change," Taylor instructed after 20 photos. The girls nodded and ran to the dressing room again. Penny was wearing all black and black knee length boots with dark angel wings on her back. Cassie came out wearing all white and white knee length boots with white angel wings on her back.

The girls posed and took their photos. Cassie was an angel because her hair was a light color and she was so happy. Penny was a fallen angel, stuck in a world of sadness and misery. In a couple of the photos, Penny and Cassie held hands and Cassie tried to help Penny out of the dark world. 

I don't know if that was a sign or just a creative idea that the photographer thought of. But it wondered me a lot.