Can't Live Without You (5)

• Dedicated to Ross, The Lynches, and Everyone who has read this book. <3

Chapter 5

Penny's Point Of View

"Heeeey guys," I said in a weird voice.

"Heeey," Ross said behind me in a weird voice since he was sucking helium from a balloon we had. I was taking my break so Ross and I decided to be weird and record a video for R5TV. "You're always on my mind. I think about you all the time. Um no. Let's not talk about it. Drama, we can live without it," Ross sang in a chipmunk like voice.

We burst out laughing and continued to be crazy. After a while we both started to film what Dez and Cassidee were doing. But Ross and I would sometimes make crazy faces when some of the things we did got boring.

After about an hour or so, Cassie and I gathered our things and we headed to Ms. Anderson's house. I parked in the driveway next to Ms. Anderson's car. Evan's Jeep wasn't in the driveway so I guess they were out doing something.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open. Everyone stepped inside and Ms. Anderson greeted us with a hug. "Well good timing Penny. Your brother and Jesse will be here soon with Ross' siblings. I'm still make the lunch so you guys can do whatever you want until it's done." she said.

We all nodded. "Well you two stay here I'm off to the loo," Cassie said.

"Can you pass over the clicker to the telly?" Dez asked. I nodded and passed her the remote to the TV.

I explained to him what they meant and he just nodded and laughed. "I'll be back. I need to get something," I said, standing up and dashing up to my bedroom.

The dark purple color was the first thing i spotted and i smiled at the fact it was my favorite color. I made my way to my desk. A black and red, wooden box lied on the side of the desk. I opened it and put on my new earrings. I looked at myself in the mirror and adjusted the R5 guitar pick necklace that Ross gave me years ago. I never took it off. 

 I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, a throbbing pain started in my big toe and i hopped on one foot to put the pressure off my toe. "Ow. Shoot," I hissed as I tried to stop the throbbing pain in my toe from banging it against my bookshelf. 

A silver picture frame covered in sparkles fell down and by instinct, I caught it before it touched the ground. A sigh of relief escaped my lips and I looked down at the picture. It was of Ross and I. We were on a swing, laughing and doing crazy things together. I remembered this day..

"Happy Birthday, Penny," my mother said to me as I came back from a shopping day with Cassie. I laughed, rolled my eyes, and thanked her then went to help Cassie with the bags of all the things we bought from Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, Macy's, etc. 

We ran up the stairs to our bedroom to put away the items we bought. "Penny!" Cassie called. I ran across the hall to her room. 

"Yeah?"

"Rydel wants us to come over to her house so she can give you her present," Cassie explained. I nodded and we both headed next door to the Lynch's house. 

As we walked to the Lynch's house i noticed that Ross' car was in the driveway, yet I hadn't seen him all day. Crazy huh? I haven't seen one sight of my boyfriend anywhere. Not any texts telling me happy birthday either. Did he forget? 

I shook off the thought as I opened the white fence to the Lynch's backyard. "Surprise!" everyone yelled.

My right hand covered my mouth and tears welled in my eyes. "Oh my gosh! Thank you guys!" I said, coming over to hug all of my friends and family. 

"Happy Birthday," each one of them said. We all partied, ate mine and Evan's cake and unwrapped my gifts that we had gotten from each one of them. It was a fun party. 

Soon the party died down and everyone, one by one, left. Soon it was only me, Rydel, Cassie, Riker, Rocky, Ryland, Ratliff, Evan, and Jesse in the backyard, cleaning up the mess the party made. I threw away another dirty paper plate covered in the ice cream cake and sighed as I sat on a chair. Still no sight of Ross anywhere.