Chapter 17: Poseidon's pathetic revenge

Poseidon's POV

I carefully watched Bentley from afar. I had a trap planned for him, and I planned to get him humiliated. At the moment, Bentley was bossing the demigods around, telling them horrible things and commanding them horribly. Bentley fell for my first trap and tripped over a wire. I heard a few snickers. Bentley attempted to stand up, but I used my water power to control his moves, and he tripped himself. More snickers. Bentley yelled at them, but I took control once more. Bentley jumped in the lake. I then made him walk in the Aphrodite cabin. He came out covered in pink and purple paint. He unwillingly walked into the Hermes cabin and lost both his sword and shield. Bentley cried out. Demigods were laughing now. I drew up every gallon of water in the lake and made Bentley go into the muddy pit. I dropped the water on him. Bentley couldn't even swim to the top, for he didn't know how to swim. I realized that I had taken it to far, but it was too late. Bentley's dead body floated up and drifted around the lake until getting dragged into a river, and the body floated away. This was the end of Bentley Jones, Chaos would never again let him return. I decided to pretend that Bentley was dragged in the lake by a monster, and not the sea god.

Percy's POV

HA! Bentley was finally gone. I reckoned that his soul in the Fields of Punishment would be pleading for Resurrection till the end of days. I can't believe that Poseidon really did that. "Maybe I'll spare him in the final battle," I murmured. I heard the creaking of a door opening. Nico Di Angelo was standing there when I turned to look at the door. "My lord, I have retrieved Bentley's soul from The Fields Of Punishment, would you like to see?" Nico said. "Yes Nico, I would love to play with my brother," I said. I walked down the long hall, and then I went down the stairs. A sea green blurry humanoid figure was stuck in a glass cage. I chuckled. It started whispering and making sounds of the dead. I then gave it the power to speak. The ghost called me a coward and dumb to believe that he was weak. I sent him to the dungeon where he would be tortured in a way that would put the fields of Punishment to shame. After this, I went to say "hi" to uncle Zeusy.

Annabeth's POV

I woke up at 6:30 expecting Bentley to yell rude comments at me, but no such things occurred. "Huh?" I muttered. I asked many people where Bentley was, none knew where. All except one who told me that he was dead. I felt a great wave of triumph when I heard this. Me and a few friends celebrated this. By the end of the day, we had finally finished partying.

 Zeus' POV

Bah, all these pathetic demigods dancing over the loss of my favorite demigod. I knew that we were to attack Perseus in 3 days, but we needed good weaponry. I gathered the demigods together and told them to go to Hephaestus and help him. Shortly after this, I fell asleep. I had a good dream at first, then it shifted. I saw the Dark Lord himself standing in a dark place. "So, I see that you have arrived," Perseus said. "Leave, thrall!" I yelled. "How about I don't, and you get up and stop lazing around on your throne, and perhaps leave yourself." Perseus gestured to a doorway. I  unveiled my true form and waited for Perseus to die. When I returned to regular form, Perseus was still there. "How-." "Simply because I am immortal!" Perseus excitedly interrupted. I whimpered in fear. "What's wrong uncle? Are you scared?" Perseus mockingly asked. "Well that is how the demigods feel when you are punishing them," Perseus shrugged. I scrambled to my feet and bolted through the bright doorway. "Bye uncle!" Perseus called to me.

Percy's POV

I couldn't stop laughing. Zeus had ran like a coward from me, and would not stay to talk to his nephew. I actually thought that Zeus could take me down, but I was wrong. Zeus is powerless, and I am Powerful.

Word count 723