Chapter 19: The Chain of Chaos

Annabeth's POV

I looked at Zeus with a weird look. "What is the Chain of Chaos?" I asked. "The Chain of Chaos was a chain created at the beginning of time, and the Creator of the universe wanted nothing out of it, so he casted it down upon the earth. But this chain had the ability to trap any being of any strength and shortens their power. The being trapped would stop growing in power and starts to become weaker. After 10 years of keeping Perseus, it would come to the point in which we could kill him. I wanted to make his death slow and painful, so he could feel what we have felt. Tomorrow, we were going to take our chances and infiltrate the fortress. We had gathered what we could of the old weapons from the ruins of Camp Half Blood and Olympus. My thoughts were interrupted when Zeus spoke again, "I am sending 3 of you to find the chain. Good luck."

Time Skip

I trudged through the near forest. "Why did Zeus have to pick me," I muttered. I had two partners: Clarisse La Rue, and Katie Gardner. It began to rain. "Zeus picked you because you are the strongest of all that remains of us," Katie said. We continued to walk through the woods, but I could see a large clearing ahead. "Look!" Clarisse cried. We could see the ruins of the old fortress of Perseus. "I didn't know that we had walked this far already," Katie murmured. After thirty minutes of walking, we reached it. The fortress was ruined and crumbled on the ground. "Maybe we will find something in here," I said. Clarisse shrugged. "It's worth it." I found many valuables, such as gold or diamonds, but found no trace of anything else. I sat on a rock that was probably a part of a wall. "There's no use," I called out to Clarisse and Katie, "What's the point in this. We are doomed anyways." I kicked a rock and looked down to see a red glimmer. I bent down and pushed other rocks away. A small part of a chain was revealed. Katie came over. "Clarisse! Come Here!" she yelled. Clarisse came bundling over. I yanked the red and black chain out of the dirt. It was around 9 meters in length, and it had a pattern of Black Red Black Red all across it. We cheered and began to carry it in the direction of our little camp. Unfortunately, it was as heavy as Bentley. So, Clarisse and I had to carry it while Katie defended us from monster attacks. When we made it to our camp, we were greeted by the other demigods. Malcom hugged me, whilst Clarisse was hugged by her half-brother. Katie hugged her friend who was a daughter of Demeter. I noticed that one demigod was missing. Colton Stone, a son of Hephaestus. "Where's Colton?" I asked. "He was killed last night," Malcom said sadly. Zeus appeared and took the chain into his tent-thing that he stole from Artemis. "Well, at least you all survived," Malcom stated.

Percy's POV

I was sitting upon my throne playing on my laptop when one of my messengers entered the room. "My lord, the gods have found the Chaos Chain," the messenger said. "WHAT!" I yelled. "Zeus and the demigods will probably be going to attack us soon," My messenger said. I screamed in outrage and went to my room to clear my thoughts. I passed Nico and Will on the way there. I told them to get to their positions. They went off chuckling down the hall. I reached my room. My aura came to be of such a great power, that darkness stretched all of the way to the overworld. I went to my balcony and yelled, "Prepare yourselves for battle! The Olympians will assault us in exactly one hour!" I entered once more and sat in my bed. I entered a deep sleep soon after. In my dreams, I saw the Olympians going down the passage to Tartarus. Annabeth had her new bronze knife out. The gods had their own key weapons out as well. Hera carried the chain with ease. If the chain wrapped around any part of my body, such as my arm, I would be paralyzed. Therefore, Hera was carrying it carefully, and not on her shoulders. I knew that they were coming, and that there was now a chance that I could be defeated.

Word Count 753