Chapter 20: The 4th and final big Battle.

Annabeth's POV

I led our little group into the depths of the pit. This was our last stand, and the prophecy will be fulfilled. I remembered the line, one lord will fall, and I trembled. I saw the tips of the 3 volcanos guarding Perseus' fortress. Fire and smoke erupted from the fortress. I took out a notepad and wrote stuff about the volcanos and how they were unique. "Put that down," Zeus said. I shoved the notepad in my pocket. We took a break to drink from the Phlegethon, then we started again. We passed over the last hill and could now clearly see the fortress of Perseus. The fortress was huge, and it had one tall tower reaching to the top of the pit. The volcanos were cone shaped and as tall as the red clouds of Tartarus. "Whoa," I murmured. Even I, the archenemy of Perseus, had to admit that his architecture really fit the theme of a Dark Lord's fortress. An army of monsters and dark demigods was sprawled out upon the fields of σκούρο πεδιάδα, meaning Dark Plain. A horn blared from σκούρο πεδιάδα, and the armies of Perseus rushed forth. 3 demigods were killed when the two sides met, and 17 monsters were killed. We fought with valiant effort, and thousands of monsters were killed. Then the king of the demons stepped forth. His name was φωτιάκύριος, meaning fire lord. Clarisse fought φωτιάκύριος for a long while, and eventually stabbed him in the forehead. But both φωτιάκύριος and Clarisse fell into a pit of fire and to their deaths. I killed a wolf type monster and pushed a demon into the fire pit Clarisse and φωτιάκύριος fell into. A water demon fought Malcom but was decapitated by Malcom's trusty blade. Katie shoved her dagger into a serpent's mouth. The snake, Python, slithered into Katie's path and tried to bite into her. Katie evaded the attack and tried to shove her sword through Python's forehead, but Python's skin was as hard as titanium and her attacks only weakened her. Hera swooped in to save Katie. Python snapped at Hera and managed to bite off some of her hair. Python spat on Hera and rose above the god and demigod. "You are reckless to believe that you can beat me. I am Python, lord of serpents. And you have tried to defy me," Python said, "Now, Perish!" Python ate Hera's upper half and killed her (Yay). Katie, now enraged, ran up the serpent's back and stabbed Python in the eye. Python screamed and Katie jumped in his mouth. A sword sprouted from Python's stomach, and the serpent fell dead. Katie climbed out of the serpent's body. Zeus and Poseidon battled regular monsters and were killing thousands of them. I slashed through monsters showing no mercy. We reached the gate to the fortress and entered. Perseus stood there with his sword at ready. Only 8 of us remained, and two of us were gods. Perseus struck first and killed one demigod. A son of Hermes, I think. Zeus threw his master bolt at Perseus, and it hit him in the arm. Katie left to get the chain from Hera's dead body. Perseus slashed at Zeus. The demigods were trying to help the gods, but they couldn't help much. So, they kept monsters from entering. I helped the demigods. Katie ran in. She was covered in slashes and blood. She gave me the chain. "Take it. I need to help the others," she told me. Perseus drove his blade into Zeus' scull, killing him instantly. "Aw man, I had a better death planned for him," Perseus complained. Poseidon was on the floor trembling. "Time to die!" Perseus chuckled. Suddenly, Perseus was pushed forward. Bianca Di Angelo stood at the spot Perseus stood. "Bianca! No!" Nico, Will, and Leo shouted from the nearby doorway. "Shut up Nico, You're on the wrong side. The gods never did anything to me anyways," Bianca said. She kicked Perseus in the face. I quickly wrapped the Chaos chain around his forearm. The armies of Perseus fled from σκούρο πεδιάδα quickly, and Nico, Will, and Leo escaped. Us 6 remaining members of the good side cheered. We left the fortress of Perseus and Poseidon made such an earthquake, that the fortress collapsed unto itself. Perseus was being dragged along by Poseidon. We had won the war, finally.

Percy's POV

All I felt was pain. I couldn't see a single thing, and all I could hear was the faint voices of the Demigods and gods. A vision appeared in my eyesight. I saw the gods and demigods dragging me to the doors of death. They got there and entered the elevator. Poseidon flashed all, including me, to the ruins of Olympus. Poseidon lifted all of the dust and formed a rocky sky island above the spot the Empire State Building once stood. They were flashed to the top, and Poseidon made a deep dungeon and put me in a cell. The vision left my sight, and I was able to open my eyes. That is just what I did. I saw nothing but a stone cell, some bars, and a stone door. I knew that I had failed Nyx, and I wept in despair. All I had worked for was gone because of Bianca Di Angelo, who was now ranked as an Olympian. I then stayed still and stared at the doorway, waiting for Poseidon to come in and deliver my death. But no such events occured. I lost the war. And I was afraid that I was not going to rise again. But I was wrong.

Word count 941