Chapter 18: The third big battle

Percy's POV 

Today, I was going to truly go into battle. I knew that the Olympians would soon attack, but I needed to strike first and weaken them horribly. I realized that I haven't shown my true self in a long while, and I needed to go out for once and attack the puny gods. I prepared most of the monsters for an attack on the gods, and I was finally putting the bomb to use. I planned to fire the bomb at Olympus which would not only destroy the last place for demigods to reside, but also cause the city to crumble and fall down upon the demigods and gods. I came from my fortress clad in black armor. I pointed in the direction of the doors of death and shouted, "Forward!" to one of my generals. The march began, and all I could hear for the next 70 miles of marching was the thumping of feet, talons, and paws. My demons were in the front lines, and the other monsters were layered by what types of monsters they were. The demons held spears and shields, so if demigods were to charge, they could combine the spear and shield. This would force the demigods to use bows, giving my monsters and dark demigods time to overrun them. A horn will blow and tell my monsters of the firing of the bomb and giving them time to flee. A horn will also blow at the beginning of the battle. And hopefully, I will defeat them.

Annabeth's POV

I was taking a break and lounging around when I heard a horn go off. It wasn't an Olympian or demigod type of horn, it was something new. I quickly got my armor on and looked over the edge of Olympus. An army stretching all the way across Manhattan sat at our front steps. And guess who was leading it. None other than the Dark Lord himself. Perseus Jackson. I grabbed a demigod horn from the armory and blew it. Sleepy and dazed demigods came with their armor on. Once they saw what was in front of the empire state building, they didn't look very tired any more. "Hey you guys! I'm waiting down here! Come on down and give us a fight!" Perseus yelled up to us. The remaining gods came out and opened the elevator to the bottom floor of the empire state building. Zeus gathered as many demigods as he could and sent them down. once all were down but me and the gods, I got in. Once reaching the bottom, I found the remaining 40 demigods hiding. We gathered them all together and charged the army of Perseus. The front lines of Perseus' army killed several Aphrodite demigods Perseus came forth from his army and murdered several demigods. The gods fought greatly, but were weakened when Hephaestus was decapitated. When all hope was lost and only five gods remained, a great flash occurred. I looked away just in time, but a few demigods were incinerated. A primordial god floated before us, and he menacingly glared at Perseus. Perseus scowled. "Leave Aether, this isn't your fight!" But Aether said, "Yes, it is." Aether swung his staff at Perseus, knocking him into a building which fell upon him. Cheers were heard around the battlefield but were silenced when the rubble exploded. An angry looking Perseus stood there when the smoke cleared. Perseus brought forth his own sword and began attacking Aether. Aether could barely manage to block the attacks of Perseus. The fight around the two divine beings started again. And we were thrown into open battle. Many monsters and demigods were killed in the chaos. As this happened, Perseus and Aether were having the greatest battle they had ever experienced. Aether was knocked away. Perseus stood looking bloodied and tired. Aether sat on the ground, looking the same as Perseus. Perseus walked to Aether stabbed him in the chest. The primordial god Aether, was dead.

Percy's POV

The battle stopped, and a horn rang out. I stumbled away, but behind me demigods looked up at a now flaming Olympus. Pieces of rock fell and killed many demigods. Me and my army scattered from the mess, leaving the demigods unto their own. At the end of the fight, a total of 12 demigods and 3 gods remained. Poseidon, Zeus, and Hera. I laughed in delight. Though the battle had scarred me, I was ultimately victorious. The gods had no chance in defeating me, and if they did, I would come back anyways. That is, I would come back if I wasn't killed. I found it funny that I ever thought the gods had any chance at killing me. I did suffer negative things from the battle though. I now bear many scars, and the pain will forever haunt me. I had one thing left to do before reaching max power: the ability to take on a nonphysical form. I had now resided in my physical form, but a nonphysical form helps to gain new attacking ways and better defense. Though fighting is better in physical, it's better to flee in nonphysical forms. After achieving this, my power will endlessly grow. There was one thing that could indeed imprison me: the chain of Chaos. The chain has the ability to trap anything, no matter how strong they are, and withhold them from escape. It was accidentally created by Chaos in the first ages of the universe, and back then Chaos was at the point in which he was most powerful. It was very doubtful that the Olympians could ever find this.

Annabeth's POV

I was inside a small house the Olympians had constructed for us. I was making dinner for the 12 demigods when my half-brother Malcom walked in. Annabeth, Zeus has requested your audience at our meeting place. I followed him into our meeting place. The meeting place wasn't much. It was only a cave with some boulders to sit on. The other 11 demigods were already there. "We need to attack Perseus' fortress and stop attacking other things!" Katie Gardner said. I agree! It isn't helping when we attack other things!" Clarisse said. "SHUT UP," Came the dramatic words of Zeus, "We will defeat Perseus another way, we need to find the Chain of Chaos."

Word Count 1055