Chapter 1

"(Y/n) are you moving?" Your mum called from another room, you crawled across your bed using the nightstand as an anchoring point.
"Good morning to you too." You shouted back sarcastically, then you were falling you saw the ground climb up and reach out to touch you, but your quirk acted faster than you could. You didn't feel the rough embrace of the carpet instead you floated in the shadow that you cast, you float on it like water with only part of you submerged under the shadow line.

Pushing yourself up you stood and waddled aching to the wardrobe where your uniform was kept. You got changed ignoring the needless detail your brain was publishing like the exact amount of time each piece of your clothing was ironed for, 'Won't you be quiet for once.' You thought as the details dribbled in before slowly coming to a stop.
'Thank you,' you thought slipping on the last of your uniform before trundling to your door and stepping out into the warm glow of orange light which shone through your bathroom window.

You studied the landing for a moment, 'What a mess,' you thought before clambering down the stairs stiffly. Your mum was sat with her legs up on the couch still wearing her dressing gown as she watched the news silently.
"What a silly boy." Your mum hissed as a certain story was read out about a common criminal, which had a quirk which made him more akin to a sewage pipe, who was smothering a kid who attended the same school as you. When another kid ran in trying to help the other before the sudden appearance of All Might who subdued the criminal before disappearing as fast as he arrived.

You waltzed in holding your breakfast, and sat down seeing the story at hand.
"I know those two, not very well but they're always at each others throats." You chimed in making your mother look over to you in slight confusion, "You talked to people?" She spoke truly exasperated by the information that had left your gob, you chuckled very slightly before realising she was completely serious. 'All Mights hiding something.' Your brain chimed filling the silence it found so negligible, 'Brain not now.' You thought trying think of something to say.

"Yeah I talk to people, how else am I gonna get through the rest of my education?" You asked seriously, stunning your mom into silence. She turned back to television not sure what to do with the fact that you had broken the one rule your dad ever had and kept as a pseudo religion. You slowly crunched through your breakfast, when you finally registered what your brain had said a couple minutes prior.
'Wait, what is All Might hiding?' You thought stopping your methodical crunching of cereal, 'Why would he disappear so quickly, normally he would bask in the praise but he just left as soon as he secured the kids safety.' Your brain chimed in it was definitely a shot in the dark but little did you know it was right on the bullseye.

'Maybe he's just busy and needed to leave to help with something else.' You thought trying to rationalise such bizarre ideas, but you shook yourself out of it and stood up.
"Right. Im gonna leave to make it to school on time." You announced drawing the attention of your mother as you shuffled your bag onto your shoulder and slip out the door. You slip your hands into your trouser pockets as you pace to school when you see a face you recognise but can't place.

"DEKU!" You hear a scream that you've gotten all too used to, and you see the kid that made your asocial skin crawl stream from around the corner and pace to the shorter and green haired boy who you had previously seen. Bakugo stopped inches from Midoriya who's previously joyous face sunk only slightly. You submerged yourself in the shadow leaving only your head above and got close listening to their conversation. You sighed disappointed when it was a really cliche conversation which displayed Bakugo's superiority complex to a tee and how much Midoriya had been looking up to the fiery explosion of personality named, "KaChAn." You mocked a bit to loud drawing attention of both of the students.
"Oh shit." You spoke realising that you were a little to loud before completely submerging yourself in the shadows and going as far as you could toward the schools grounds.

Bakugo stared at the shadowy residue that pooled just behind him and around the corner.
"That shadowy bastard. I'm gonna kill them." Bakugo spoke surprisingly calm, but he knew who the bastard that did this. Midoriya looked at it intently as well making notes in his little book under your name, Bakugo made a sound of disgust seeing the book he had tried to trash.
"Stop making notes on our classmates especially them, you know they don't agree with that and hate it when you fawn over his quirk." Bakugo spoke disgusted as he walked away, Midoriya was surprised that Kachan was being like this.

He had never defended someone before.

Midoriya was intrigued, catching up to Bakugo a evil little grin began to grow.
"Kachan... is there something you want to say." Midoriya pushed, Bakugo turned with his teeth bared.
"Yeah there is. SHUT UP STUPID DEKU." Bakugo shouted before walking faster, Midoriya chuckled and kept up.

"Bakugo pull up your trousers, I don't want to see that again." The student on gate duty spoke boldly even when he knew about Bakugo's touchy personality, Bakugo snarled but pulled up his trousers and walked to their home room before dropping them to their normal position outside the door, Midoriya giggled at the avant garde approach to the schools uniform. Bakugo basically broke the door making the entire class face the usual subject, excluding you who was reading a book at the back of the room. The angered steps and snarling warned you about who was seeking your audience.
"(L/N) we need to talk real quick." Bakugo spoke surprisingly softly which shocked you more than him appearing before you, it also captivated the entire class. "He can talk like that?" And, "Why does (L/N) get treated differently?" Quickly whipped around the room like a storm.

"Fine, but talk to me like you talk to everyone else, its weird." You spoke shivering at the explosive boys politeness and tame tone, you received a glare from Bakugo which made you feel at home make you release a breath of satisfaction.
"Shut up stupid (F/N)" Bakugo spoke still calm but the words suited him more than a polite request, making you breath another breath of relief. You stood following the explosive boy in to the quiet area of the school.
"Hey, can I trust you?" Bakugo spoke still not facing you, you yawned bored.
"Yeah I guess." You answered honestly, Bakugo turned.

"No guessing, yes or no." Bakugo snarled like a angry chihuahua.

You sighed, "Yes, Bakugo, you can trust me." You spoke with indignation that he needed such a confirmation.

'He's scared.' Your quirk made you aware quietly with a passing message.