Chapter 10

"Im sorry what?" You asked yourself rhetorically, you had heard the question perfectly clear but it was your way of processing that.
"Wait, I'm sorry I worded that wrong!" Uraraka apologised before you could ask a hundred questions, "I meant like, you having trouble with Bakugo as boys that I wouldn't understand. I wasn't accusing you two... you know what I mean right?" Uraraka rushed to correct her mistake, you breathed out recovering and turning.

"It's been like this for a year or two now, there's no trouble between us it's just how we communicate." You turned smiling before walking down the final few steps and out of the building. Uraraka walked along side you, "Can you help me?" Uraraka asked, making you turn down to her.
"With what?" You replied not wanting any hassle, she looked to the floor.

"Nevermind..."

"Time for analysis!" All Might shouted to the remaining three, you noticed Midoriya's absence.
"I believe that (L/N) was the best in this match, does anyone want to explain." All Might spoke his voice was loud and overbearing.
"Yaoyorozu?" All Might pointed to Yaoyorozu who had her hand up to answer his question.

"While obviously Midoriya and Uraraka had won the match, the tactics they used were unorthodox and most likely would not fly, since in the case that the paper-mache model was a bomb flinging rubble in its general direction could have caused serious consequences. And the attacks used by Midoriya and Bakugo were idiotic and although Midoriya's may have one him the match but it was uncontrolled and reckless."

"While (Y/N) prepared for his confrontation with Uraraka by making the field his advantage and no matter how brutal it was he kept the attacker at bay until his advantage was taken away but still found ways to constrict his opponent showing that it was (Y/N) who adapted most to the situation." Yaoyorozu answered leaving you feeling chuffed and proud of yourself and was about to brag to Bakugo until you saw his expression.

'Maybe not.' You thought turning away from Bakugo, you saw the stunned face of All Might after hearing the explanation made by Yaoyorozu, "Anyway let us move on with the matches, Team I! vs Team B!" All Might announced moving the match in to play. You watched in utmost focus as Todoroki froze the building and claimed the objective with minimal effort.

'Could've have kicked the shit out of him.' You felt your quirk tremor, now it seemed angry. Your quirk had never shown emotions before and suddenly they flowed in torrents.
"What's your problem?" Bakugo finally spoke after your crushing defeat, he had noticed your grimace at the sudden kick of pain that struck where you believed your quirk resided.

"Yep fine, just feedback from my quirk thats all." You spoke through shaky breathes as your quirk had a temper tantrum. Bakugo raised an eyebrow but turned away noticing the blatant stare he was receiving from Uraraka.
"Stop being so weak I'm sure you'll be fine." He spoke through his breath, your quirk turned its attention to the situation at hand.

'He didn't mean it.' Your quirk half questioned even though it stated the observations. The pain receded as your quirk stopped paying attention to Todoroki.
"Thanks, yeah, I feel so much better now. Dick." You spoke under your breath half thankful he didn't mean it, he chuckled in his head but in front of everyone else he gnashed his teeth and charged at you.
"WHAT DID YOu... call me?" He began to shout before stopping losing himself as he sat on top of you with his crackling palm open.

"Hey hey keep it on the field dumbass." You smiled disappearing into the shadow and appearing behind him and pushing him over with your foot, you smirked as he fell and was up again in a split second and charging at you again. But you held him at arms length as his palms lit up with tiny explosions and his scowl tore holes through your outfit.

'He doesn't want to hurt you with his explosions.' Your quirk answered your silent question but just added more, 'Why does he not want to hurt me? When he doesn't care about anyone else.' And 'Why did he not mean his remark earlier? What's going on with him?' You thought as you stared into his scowl, he took your blank expression as irritation and gave up on his quest.

'Are you stupid?' Your quirk asked kicking you particularly hard.
'What do you mean, also ow.' You thought in return making your quirk feel guilt and you felt it too.
But your quirk never answered confusing you more. The rest of the matches progressed along with the day.

"Many of you have improvements to make so that'll be our next practical lesson, but other than that you all performed as well as I expected, with no punches pulled and no quirk unused!" All Might announced you felt the no punches pulled comment was aimed at you but you let it slide.
"Anyways, get changed and head back to your other lessons." He added before leaving swiftly.

'He's off to see wonder boy.' Your quirk addressed promptly, peaking your interest you followed after getting changed back into your uniform, you waited outside the nurses office waiting for the perfect time to enter after eavesdropping.
"...the disciple you granted you power to." Recovery Girl spoke barely trying to hide it, you flinched.

"I'm coming in!" You declared, waiting a moment before walking into the office. You saw All Might again, he was smiling broadly.
"Sir, people might think weird things when you hang around a knocked out kid for too long." You chuckled walking further in and up to Recovery Girl who was much to small for her chair.

"What are you here for!?" All Might asked hurriedly stepping away from Midoriya and further into the room, you chuckled at the sight but held the back of your hand up showing your bruised knuckles and missing fingernails.
"This." You spoke sombrely, All Might was surprised by the missing fingernails.
"How... how did you do that?" He asked worried.

"Oh it was when I was clambering across Uraraka's flying rocks." You said imitating your scramble up invisible rocks.
"Ah I see." All Might remembered not realising you had tried so hard to catch up. But he was also worried about the fact that had been revealed moments before your arrival.

"Did you hear."

All Might asked his smile wavering. You turned to him as Recovery girl kissed the back of your hand.
"Oh that, I figured that out a while ago when you were making Midoriya conform to an excessive regime." You lied only just finding out the truth of regime mere minutes ago, you smiled calmly or at least you attempted to as your quirk broke down laughing.

"You did!?" All Might shouted his expression even more dire than it was before, you raised an eye brow.
"Well I wouldn't consider it normal to see the number 1 hero helping a kid so diligently, taking a photo and sending them on their way is normal not giving them an exercise regime along with a diet plan too." You spoke looking to Midoriya who had clearly stuck to the regime religiously.

All Might smiled coyly.
"I guess that's true, but I'm going to have to ask you to keep it close to your chest." All Might spoke bowing his head making you chest tighten.
"Duh, if I had we would of had this conversation in a very different way." You spoke flexing your now healed fingers and looking at you nails which had grown a little more than you anticipated.

"You should get back to class before Aizawa flips." All Might spoke rigidly, you moved to the door and quickly opened it.
"Thank you." All Might gave his gratitude as you slipped out, you smiled walking back into class.