Chapter 9

You swivelled in your chair, uneasiness filled you.
'Bakugo is definitely still pissed off.' You thought not looking at him.
'He's not paying attention to you at all, he's giving you space.' Your quirk came to a decision that you would never have been able to make.
"We're going down to the testing area, similar to that of the entrance exam. So go put on your hero costume." Aizawa groaned from his sleeping bag before falling asleep again.

You took out the design you hand designed and looked at it; the grey long sleeve button up shirt, the smart boot cut trousers, the black army boots, the tactical harness with body armour and finally the long black trench coat they suited your character perfectly but they juxtaposed your usual style of clothing.
"Why that?" Bakugo finally talked to you while you walked down the hallway onto the training grounds, you looked ahead and made no expression.
"Well I can't turn up in my normal stuff I'd look like a civilian." You retorted with sweet honey in your tone.

"What about that outfit is pro hero, other than the straps." Bakugo asked his attitude now bemused, you chuckled finally looking over at him.
"What about yours, you look more like a villain to me." Your tone however didn't change, it was flat and arduous to listen to when he knew that your attitude could be so much more... likeable.
"Shut up you Inkwell bastard!" Bakugo shouted back, you looked at him your face more akin to stone.

You stood near to Bakugo as All Might ran the class through the exercise, you watched in horror as your name was drawn with Bakugo's.
"Fuck." Bakugo whispered under his breath, you chuckled.
"Was I the last person you wanted to be drawn with?" You asked leaning your head on him mockingly, he looked down at you without trying to shrug you off, it was silent rage.
"Yes. Now get off me before I blow you apart." Bakugo replied his voice raising toward the end, you lifted your head up and chuckled.

"The First teams are Team A! And Team D!" All Might shouted, drawing your attention to those who stood only a small distance away, 'Midoriya'. You thought looking at the kid who's suit was ramshackle and hand-made. That may have been his outward appearance but he was still a threat regardless.
"Good luck." You spoke disappearing into the building as you were revealed to be the villains.

You stared at them from the window of the top floor leaning on your hands, "Don't do anything rash, if you don't mind." You spoke, knowing exactly what Bakugo was going to do regardless.
"Like I could stop myself!" Bakugo replied, you sighed heavily turning around. That attracted his attention.
"Fine I'll stay here and protect the objective." You spoke scratching the bottom of your eyelid uninterested.

"Good. Then I'll go blow up our shitty competition."

Bakugo spoke his voice a deadly calm, you moved back to the windowsill and perched yourself on top of it.

3 minutes later you heard the slaughter begin, hearing movement on the stairs you moved silently to the door through the shadows. The door creaked open, revealing the pale pink outfit of Uraraka. While everything was happening you blacked out the room so it was entirely your element, and she realised it. But even still she blitzed across the dim room seeing the vague outline of you figure before her she darted away.

But you met her in an instant throwing the first punch, it caught her off guard even if she was expecting it because it wasn't from the front instead from her side, even when you were in sight she felt the strike to her ribs strike like a professional boxer. Then another, then another, then another, then another. The hits began to build, those in the cctv watched in horror as Uraraka was effortlessly pummelled. But every strike was in a different place but never at the head. She dived toward you finding that you disappeared under her touch dissolving like a ghost.

She looked to the windows which were covered.
'The windows.' She thought and without hesitation she darted toward them, and before you could reacted the first was torn open letting in the light spoiling your plan. Even if it was a single window you plan became redundant, "Dammit." You hissed flying out of a shadow, throwing a rain of blows down on her. But she touched you, activating her quirk you felt the lightness. She wouldn't be able to hold it but it was enough.

She escaped your grasp trying to get the bomb in that instant but you wouldn't let her. The shadow chucked you at her, tackling her legs you took her down in an instant since she made herself weightless to propel herself across the room. You spun across the room in a hopeless ball, you laughed as you span with Uraraka.
"Weee!" You exclaimed excitedly, she disabled the quirk when you were beneath. Dropping to the ground she expected you to get winded.

But that wasn't the case.

Before she had gotten to her feet you came out of the shadow with speed behind you once again, but this time there was no tackle only a cold hard fist. Even though the fight between you and Uraraka was still mercilessly raging on, the constant explosion that rumbled through the building kept drawing your limited attention. There was something wrong and you could feel it along with your quirk, who burned with a simmering rage.

'Something is not right, she is over exaggerating the hits she receives.'

Your Quirk noted noticing that even with light hits the girl would crumple, then stand shakily bracing on objects near to her. Then it clicked.
'She's doing it in purpose, something big is about to happen.' You and your quirk thought in unison. But this time you were too late.

The floor caved in like paper, but the rubble was cleared in an instant.

You darted across the isles of rubble not being able to find any suitable shadows, Uraraka blitzed past the rubble. You could barely keep up with her.
"Heroes win!" All Might shouted the sound still deafening, Uraraka was wrapped spread eagle around the edge of the bomb. You chuckled seeing the spectacle, she turned to you her face filled with determination.

"No hard feelings right?" You asked not sure, since after all you practically just beat the ever-loving shit out of her, she smiled and chuckled, "No hard feelings." Her voice was cheery even after the repeated strikes.
"What you did was ingenious." She spoke as the ground settled and you lazed around, "Speak for yourself," you replied, "I only figured out what you were doing just before the floor exploded." You chuckled looking at the havoc of the room all around you.

You got up off the floor and made your way down stairs, finding the brewing storm that was Bakugo.
"I don't want to hear it." You spoke before he opened his mouth.
"How could I expect a hole being blown from the ground floor up to the top." You answered his silent question before he could asked it in his sulky and childish tone. But he looked more angry at the answer.

"Don't assume what I was gonna ask you bastard." Bakugo hissed but it seemed more hurt than anything else, you raised an eyebrow and moved closer to him but still standing above him on the stairs.
"Oh yeah? Then what were you gonna ask?" You retorted thinking he was trying to be unpredictable as Midoriya had just proved he wasn't.

But his gaze darted to the ground embarrassed.
"Nah I'm not gonna say it now, it would seem forced." Bakugo whined turning away from you, 'He was going to ask if you were okay.' Your quirk filled in the blanks, your quirk felt strange... almost happy.
"Boy troubles?" Uraraka asked, from behind, as Bakugo walked out of earshot you making you jump, you were so entangled in your quirks new found emotion and Bakugo's underlying emotion you forgot where you were.

Then you registered the words.