Chapter 4

"Stupid Inkwell." Bakugo muttered at the table his mind wandered while he was eating, his mum looked over to him concerned and or intrigued, "Who's Inkwell." Mitsuki asked her tone soft and disarming, "A person I-" Katsuki spoke absentmindedly catching himself before he almost fell into her trap and told the truth.

"They're a kid in my year, they're an interesting... friend." Katsuki reorganised himself but wasn't confident on his answer, 'Are we friends?' Katsuki thought to himself afterward.

"Mhmm, and now you expect me to believe that your just friends." Mitsuki spoke still speaking softly. Bakugo looked horrified for a moment.
"Mum they are a man!" Bakugo shouted worried that his mum would get ideas.

"So what, the way you describe them makes me think you like them." Mitsuki spoke back, Bakugo was gonna say something but he couldn't.
"Knew it." Mitsuki smirked proudly and stood up.

Katsuki banged his head against the table, "Dammit," he finally rested his head on the table, "Why did it have to be Inkwell, he's the most dense piece of sh-." Katsuki began, forgetting his dad was still at the table with him.
"Language," Masaru spoke calmly, Katsuki jolted upright.

"Yes it will take time, but you will get there and so will they. Take your time unlike your mother not everything needs to be rushed." Masaru spoke gently not taking his eyes off the newspaper, Katsuki pulled a grim face.

"Thats easy for you to say since you were the one being pulled along, it looks like I'm gonna be doing the heavy lifting just like mum." Katsuki whined, before placing his head back on the table. Masaru sighed but he knew that he had the easy job.

6 Months had passed since the Sludge Villain incident. You had applied for UA the prestigious school for those whose aim are to become high profile heroes, but something more surprising came through the mail it wasn't a reply to your application saying that you had been granted permission into the entrance exam that would take place roughly 4 months from now nor was it one saying that you had been turned down during the application period.

"You have already been entered under the guise of recommendations, your application is redundant however you will be taking the entrance exam 4 months from now, We hope to see you then. Principal Nezu. P.S even with out the recommendation you would have been a bright contender for a spot in the school." You read out the letter for the 6th time still at a loss for words. Who had recommended you?

You got dressed to go into school, when you got to school Katsuki noticed something was clearly up with you.
"Hey dumbass what's on your mind?" Katsuki turned on his chair leaning on the back of it, you stared at him blankly for a moment.
"I applied to UA, because its UA. And I got a letter back, they rejected my application because I had already been recommended to it." You spoke as though it was the most terrifying thing to have taken place in your life.

"Isn't that a good thing Inkwell?" Katsuki asked not understanding the reason why your reaction was so confused.
"Obviously it's a good thing, it's just that... I don't know any heroes or anyone who would have recommended me." You responded Katsuki finally understood why your reaction was so abstract whereas others would be going 'apeshit' over getting a recommendation.

Midoriya had clearly overheard and wanted to be apart of the mystery.
"Do you have any hero family members?" Midoriya asked his voice made you turn to face him it was a slightly lower pitch than the months before and when you looked at him in more detail he had clearly bulked up, it was quite the substantial change from his old self.
"Yeah I did but they're long gone from my life now, so I don't see a reason for him to recommend me." You answered thinking about your father was not that hard or painful because there was very few memories of him.

Only your mum used to tell tales of when he was a hero, and they were the most exciting bed time stories you'd ever hear even if they were hyperbole they still felt incredible. You shook yourself from your thoughts. You saw the awkward Midoriya who was scratching the back of his head, 'What happened?' You thought realising you had just missed something.

Your quirk answered for you. 'Midoriya had forgotten about your vacant father, Katsuki did not and realises that your father was the hero, Katsuki shouted at Midoriya for being insensitive.' You turned to Katsuki with your own annoyed look.

"There's no need to shout, its been years. Ive come to terms with it."  You spoke calmly and with a soft smile trying to diffuse the live disaster, explosion king, Katsuki huffed and turned toward the front of the room.

The news spread about the recommendation to UA and you became a hot topic for a couple hours before it cooled off again. Lunch came around like normal and Midoriya slipped away like normal, you and Katsuki watched the suspicious quirkless boy disappear out of the gate and away.
"Katsuki do you want anything from the shop?" You asked snapping Katsuki out of his thoughts, he looked at you for a moment.
"Sure can I have a couple of onigiri?" He asked, you nodded before slipping into the shadows. Katsuki's posse looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"First he calls you by your first name so since when has that started happening, secondly he asks if you want food but no one else if you are not dating then I don't know what dating is." A brave soul spoke what was on the peoples minds, Katsuki glared them down like he had just robbed someone in broad daylight.
"Shut up shitty Araya Takahiro. Just you wait till Inkwell gets back you wont make it that far." Katsuki pointed to the door, not realising that he said Inkwell.

"Inkwell?" Another spoke, Katsuki looked over at them, "What do you mean Inkwell?" They added, Katsuki looked over to the residue.
"Looks like an Inkwell." Katsuki justified as though it was obvious, "No it doesn't." Another spoke up looking at the residue on the floor.
"It does." Katsuki spoke again disagreeing with the people surrounding him.
"It really doesn't, look at it." The same person spoke up, Katsuki shrugged.

"Oh well thats his name now." Katsuki turned back to the front of the class.
"What's my name now?" You ask rising out of the shadow the residue returning to your shadow. Katsuki caught the onigiri with out looking knowing that you'd throw it.
"Inkwell." One of the posse spoke up with clear dislike, you shrugged.
"I don't mind it, I think it suits me." You spoke up, you got strange looks from those around but one of approval from Katsuki.

"But I thought I heard something else just as I left... oh that was it. Araya said something about me dating that bastard, did you wanna die an early death." You spoke a broad smirk widened across your face like a hungry shark.