Chapter 8

The school day had finally come to a close, and in all honesty it was more work than you thought was possible. As you stepped out the gate you slipped in your earphones and began to walk, Bakugo noticed that you didn't slip away into the shadows but were instead walking. You hummed to yourself as you walked along.
"Something bad is 'bout to happen to me, why I feel this way I don't know maybe..." You sang along your movements slowing as you took in the view from where you were.

"Don't you give me up, plea~se don't give up." You continued singing as you lent on the fence and looked at the city below.
"You done stupid Inkwell?" The voice made you jump as the song rounded to a close. You turned to face Bakugo who stood a short distance away, his expression was his normal scowl but there was something off.

'He's worried.' Your quirk chimed in, you paused looking at him awkwardly.
'Why? Why would he be worried?' You wavered to long for Bakugo's liking.
"Spit out so I can leave, I don't wanna look like I care." Bakugo couldn't take his eyes off you the golden light cast across your face cast shadows on your parallel side.

"You do care." You spoke calmly, shocking Bakugo.
"Only I can't figure out why." You added looking at him bewildered.
"Shut up, you seemed off recently and this wasn't normal. God don't make it weird." Bakugo shouted in reply, you didn't flinch or take your eyes off him like he did to you.

"You're the one who's been acting weird. Drop it." You spoke turning back to the railing, Bakugo moved closer resting on the railing too. You sidestepped away from him, and he didn't try to close the gap he stood there silently.
"Thought you didn't want to look like you cared." You spoke not facing him, you heard the ruffle of his clothes and you turned even further away from him.

"Nevermind, I don't care, just don't look at me." You spoke feeling weird from his gaze, you felt a hand grip your shoulder and force you to face him.
"What the fuck is up with you! I know you hate people but you got better and now we're back to this shit!" Bakugo shouted with a grimaced expression, you couldnt tell if it was rage or sadness.
"You wouldn't know!" You shouted back in his face, your steel cocoon of emotions finally broke, he stared at you, he was hurt.

You tore your shoulder from his grip and walked away, he simply stood there he couldn't move and he knew it. There was nothing he could say or do that would change your current cyclone of self destruction. So simply watched as you disappeared down the hills path back down.

In truth, the skeletons in closet had finally gotten loose and were now causing havoc, one of those skeletons was your Aunt. She had escaped the transit vehicle on her way to Tartarus thanks to a new ally, it was broadcast news and you heard and seen it first, but that wasn't the new skeleton that had fallen out since that had happened months ago. The newest skeleton was that your father was quite possibly alive after DNA evidence was found, except most of the DNA was blood and the rest was flesh.

"Sister dearest, how are you. Its been soo so long."

Owen mocked even as he bled from most of his orifices, his hysterical laugh was the only sound that ricocheted into every hall of the hideout. His sister chuckled drawing him out of his hysterics to look her straight in the eyes.
"My sister emotions? Impossible." He declared making himself laugh again, his head recoiled to the side as his sister struck him across the face. He paused for a moment his laughter ceasing.

"Shut up, you little man baby." She spoke her voice cracked and whipped around like thunder.
"No." Owen spoke flatly, looking his sister in the eyes with the utmost defiance, she shivered. The look on his face was terrifying. Owen sized her up quickly as though he was just remembering something.

"I always wondered how you turned out this way, even while I was tracking you down to kill you myself I wondered how you ended up like you did." Owen spoke like he was just starting a normal conversation, she looked at him with pure hatred.
"It was because of da-" She began her voice trembled at the thoughts.

"Yes it was Dad I get it." Owen interrupted earning him a smack across the face. But he didn't react only his head jolted from the force but nothing leaked.
"But then I thought about it more, and you were the problem. You were reason you became who you are. Cause dad never would have beat you... if you didn't take mom." The corners of his lips rose as he stared at  his sister through his bangs, his purple eyes twisted and the man inside was finally broken.

"If you were never born, then mom would never have died." Owen continued, his words struck in place sealed with flimsy sealant. Pulling and snapping the sealant with ease.
"Then I wouldn't be in this position, and you wouldn't have been in so much pain." Owen span his words like a type sympathy, like her torment was caused by her own being. Owen watched the words torment her seeing her twisted mind try and diffuse the words but only making them more twisted and much worse.

Owen rested his head against the seat.

His laugh rang out as he felt a new presence near his daughter.
'To your left, he approaching and he's armed.' The transmission was in a split second before the other presence, that was coming to greet Owen, had even stepped into the room.
"Ahh if it isn't the representative of the League." Owen recognised the pale skin, the greyish hair, and especially the hands.
'Gross hands.' Owen thought seeing the dismembered hands, even if it was for the thousandth time the hands were still gross.

"Why shouldn't I kill you?" Shigaraki asked his gravelly voice was grating on Owen's ears.
"Can you get someone else to talk for you?" Owen asked pretending to not be able to understand the words leaving Shigaraki's mouth. Shigaraki steamed his expression was hidden behind his hands but Owen could see it clear as day.
"Why shouldn't he kill you. Is what he asked." A surprising voice shot from the darkness. Owen jumped but ended up smiling.

Owen looked to the corner of the room even when the sound should have been indistinguishable and impossible to find.

"The Mastermind."

'He's good.' The Mastermind thought shifting so his form was revealed, Owen chuckled and began to laugh.
"Of course I'm good." Owen chuckled staring at the suited man in the corner of the room, who flinched at Owens words.
"How... what is your quirk?" The suited mans voice wavered but for a second but it brought a cheerful smile to Owen's face, Owen looked at the man seeing nothing but the hulking mask wrapped around his head.

"It's rather hard to define." Owen replied to the question by sidestepping it, "Then explain it the best you can." The masked man spoke his word were slick with venom, but Owen ignored it and instead began to hum to himself.
"I call it Shadow Keeper, but there's multiple meaning to the word shadow in this context." Owen spoke calmly shrugging off gaze that kept falling on him like a hammer to an anvil.

"So, you'll give me the meanings." The Mastermind ground his teeth together, Owen chuckled again.
"You're trying so hard to dig out my quirk, it's shameful Mastermind." Owen replied shaking his head and clicking his tongue like a disappointed parent, the Mastermind stood suddenly startling Shigaraki this made Owen laugh even harder.

"Tell me now or I will kill y-"
"You're going to kill me regardless." Owen spoke his face steeling up all emotion disappearing without even a fault, the Mastermind looked disgruntled but he didn't waver.
"Who said that?" The mastermind spoke with a mocking tone as though Owen was but a child, Owen didn't reply he simply looked at the Mastermind with a dead expression.

"You know what, I'll humour you. I'll keep you alive." The Mastermind spoke a smirk climbing across his face. But contrary to his expectations, Owen looked disappointed, and somewhat upset.
"Shit... I was banking on the fact you would just kill me." Owen whined.
'What the fuck.' The Mastermind thought.
"What the fuck indeed." Owen repeated his words with a chuckle and a broad smile.