Chapter 4 - Dead Man Walking

Rion read the letter of Ivan while Delvin is sleeping. Ivan updates Rion about the situation in Hillford. Ivan told Rion that they've been handling the situation and he shouldn't worry about it. Rion was relieved by the news he received. Rion slept peacefully knowing that his family is alright.

The school bell rang and morning wind entered their room through the window. Delvin opened the windows and gazed at the sky. 

"What perfect morning to grab a cup of coffee and that heavenly croissant in the park." 

Delvin tapped on Rion's bed and woke him up "wakey-wakey sleepyhead it's time for you to be alive."

"Huh? What time is it?" Rion replied.

"7:00 sharp so get your ass up, young man."

Rion quickly changed and brushed his teeth. As he looks at himself in the mirror he saw his eyes turned red and canines grew in his mouth. He immediately splashed himself with water and everything suddenly disappeared. Delvin asked Rion "What's with the nervous face?"

"Just some morning jitters everything is fine."

Delvin and Rion exited the room. Rion noticed that everyone keeps looking at them. Rion asked Delvin quietly why everyone is looking at them. Delvin answered "You sparked up the whole field with your own blood that's why. The looks will pass believe me when I first got here all of them stared like I'm some kind of rodent, I take it as a good thing maybe there aren't used to this cuteness." Rion looked at Delvin with confusion.

They have arrived at Rochdale Park. Delvin went to buy their breakfast while Rion waits. Rion looked around and realized that life in Rochdale is very different from Hillford. No restriction to go outside and no enemies to run away from but the incident caused him to worry that it might affect his reputation. Delvin arrived with the food he bought.

"Here's your Rochdale's finest coffee and one flaky and buttery croissant to remove those wrinkles on your face."

Rion chuckled "Thanks man, It's just that I worry that people may know my real identity here in Rochdale."

"Why did you move into Rochdale anyway? A wanted serial killer? Crazy ex-girlfriend? Uhh... Ah! Escaped from juvie? Cmon spill." 

Rion checks their place and said "Well, the Barrington family is in danger. I need to be away so that our enemies won't know of my existence. My family sent me here to be away from the chaos."

"I see... I get it. Small town, low population, and nice weather; a perfect place for a hideout." 

"I worry that the incident will cause the people to know the real me."

"Nah, people here in Rochdale can easily be fooled. Tell them one thing and they will believe it in a blink. So it's impossible for them to dig deeper on who you really are."

 "Well, that kinda calmed me down. Wait... this croissant is heaven-sent, where did you buy this."

"Right there in the corner, they sell the best pastry. Believe me, one croissant is never enough. By the way, do you know—

 "Uhm excuse me?"