Chapter 17 - Wake Me Up

"He was a friend to everyone... even the ones who didn't treat him well. He gave laughs, smiles, and hope to each one of us. He's the light we never thought we'd lose. Without him, we feel hopeless... I really can't imagine a world without him, without Delvin." El said in her eulogy. She tried to hold her tears but she can't control her pain. She left the podium without finishing her speech as her friends followed her from the crowd. 

The Cage family attended the funeral, filled with loss and pain for they lost him. Rain poured as the ceremony began. Black clothes and foggy weather circulated the cemetery. The silver lining in their eyes turned grey dusk as they felt the departure of Delvin. The Barrington family paid their respects at the funeral without Rion. The ceremony came to an end and it was time to lower the coffin down the grave. 

They threw white roses at his coffin as it lowers down to the ground. Letting go of the flower felt like letting go of his hand, accepting his passing. The crowd was filled with tears as the coffin was doused in soil. 

Logan Cage his father pinched his eyes as he walks out of the place and says his last farewell to his son. He bumped into John Ashford on his way out. He smiled and cried submissively at the same time as he saw his old friend. 

John walked to him and rested his head on his shoulder. 

"How did this happen..." He cried.

John hugged his old friend tightly as he was left speechless by everything that has happened. He can't believe that a lot of lives were lost for a blood of revenge. He tapped his back as he felt what Logan is feeling. He knows very well what he's going through. Losing a son felt like losing a fragment of your soul. 

"He's still not coming out?" Ivan asked Rion's friend

Rion locked himself in his room alone as he was devasted by what happened to his friend. 

He felt loss, anger, and guilt all at the same time

He felt loss, anger, and guilt all at the same time. He's crying but there are no tears falling anymore. The tight feeling in his heart lingered throughout his body as he dealt with pain for he can't accept that his friend died for him. He blames himself for not doing anything and freezes at the moment as Delvin did the action to save his life. His reality felt like a dream for he can't deal with everything that was happening in his life.