Chapter 18 - In the Woods Somewhere

Foggy weather and tall trees surround the slippery road. Subtle drops of rain on Rion's windows. He breathes lightly as he feels the weather gets colder and colder. He brought an old journal of Rufus which has the location of the Crimson Mansion. He tried to find his phone in his pocket but he realized that he left it in his room. He groaned and tapped the stirring wheel due to irritation. He looked at the journal and saw that he was halfway to where he was heading. He still feels the pain of what happened but he has no other choice but to accept it. All he wants for now is to save Diana. He still has no idea that Diana have escaped already.

Diana got passed the Hillford gate and slowly drove to the Barrington House. She parked the car and quickly ran inside the house. Her arrival brought a surprise to everyone.

"Diana?" El asked as she drops the things she was holding.

Everyone looked at the door and saw her alive and breathing.

"Thank heavens, you're alive," Rona said as she hugs Diana in relief.

Diana smiled as she saw everyone but she was looking for Rion around the house but he was not there.

"Where is he?" She asked Rona.

"He's getting some air—

"Diana? You're here... Oh, no... Rion." Atticus said with surprise as he walks into the house.

"Why? What happened?" Diana asked.

The whole Barrington Family and Rion's pack listened as they heard something about Rion.

"He told me that he will fix all of this, by saving you. He claims that if he surrenders himself, the Crimsons will give you back in return."

Rona looked deeply at Amara in shock, "What is he thinking? He can't take the Crimsons all by himself... We need to stop him right away. It's impossible for us to take them down in their own territory."

"We need to call him."

"We can't... He left his phone," Ivan said while holding Rion's phone.

"We need to go now. Prepare your things, yourself, everything. We need to get to the Crimsons before he does." Rufus demanded.

All of them rushed to their own rooms to prepare their things. Rion's pack looked at each other and nodded as they left to prepare their stuff. Rufus and Amara went to their room and swiftly opened their drawers to get what they need. Amara panics as she intensely grabs all the things to save Rion from the Crimsons. Rufus stared at her and held her hand tightly, "We'll save him." he said giving her some assurance. Amara looked back and nodded. Ivan threw his weapons on the back of the car as Sebastian jumped his way onto the driver's seat and placed his things in the backseat. Ivan closed the trunk and Rufus placed their things inside the car Rona went in while calling John but he isn't answering his phone. As Amara walks into the garage she saw Rion's pack getting ready to go. She confronted them, "Are you all sure you wanted to come? We can handle this on our own, this is our fight. We can't risk your lives again..." She said to Rion's pack.

"Every fight of Rion is our fight also." Cheryl implied.

"If we have to risk our lives then so be it, they already took away one of us... We won't let that happen again," Sheila said.

Diana was confused by what Sheila meant. She still doesn't know that Delvin was killed.

"For Rion... And for Delvin," El stated.

"For our pack," Atticus said leaving Amara speechless.

Amara agreed and went inside their car. Rion's pack hopped in the other car as Atticus starts the engine. Diana was left confused because she can't see Delvin anywhere, "Where's Delvin, I thought he would be driving?" she asked. They all looked at each other with their heads down. Atticus looked at the rear mirror, "He was killed... By one of the Crimson werewolves. No one could save him." he said.