Chapter 12 - Hunger (Part Two)

Rion went to the Le Gavroche restaurant. He was very nervous as he walked his way to the place. His heart beats rapidly as he thought of Jane. He saw Jane on the front door of the restaurant asking the restaurant host for her reserved table for two.

He saw Jane dressed beautifully in a red string dress

He saw Jane dressed beautifully in a red string dress. Her strawberry blonde hair is braided perfectly showing her splendid face. Jane saw Rion coming and waved her hand at him.

"You came just the right time." She said while drawing back her hair behind her ear. 

"Oh really? I kinda thought I went too early."

"No, it's perfect. I reserved a table for the two of us."

Jane smiled at him and asked the host, "Are the tables ready?"

"Yes, ma'am. This way please." The host as he leads the way to their table.

Jane entered the restaurant with Rion and revealed a very luxurious restaurant. The smell of french cuisine and a piece of soft classical music welcomed them. Rion and Jane went to their table as the waiter gave them the menu. Jane looked at the menu and ordered food, "Uhh... Can I get a Crispy Belly Ravioli with Omelette Rothschild? I like my omelets extra fluffy if that's possible. How about you, Rion?"

"Oh... Same like yours." Rion said with a side smile on his face.

"All right, make that two orders. And also, do you have wine?"

"Yes, ma'am we have. Anything else, ma'am?"

"No, that's it. Thank you." 

The waiter bowed and took the menus at their table. Jane rubbed her hands and breathe deeply, "So... How are you feeling? I hope all of this doesn't overwhelm you. I'm not sure if you're into this kind of thing. But I hope you somehow enjoy this night. You know... I've been thinking since you are a big part of my past. I would like to ask if I'm happy living as a human."

"Uhh... That's a very hard question to be honest. But... That time before your birthday you were really happy because you just got accepted into your dream university. I won't lie, you always have this habit of looking down on yourself. But even though the world is pulling you down, you never gave up on trying. I know you were happy that time because the smile in your eyes never lied."

"Really... I never knew I was happy that time."

Rion held her hand at the table while moving his thumb around her hand, "Hey... You can still be happy even though you can't remember what happened. I realized that dwelling in the past will do you no good. So, instead of reminiscing what happened before... Why not make a new one?"

Jane looked at him with realization, "You're right... I don't think telling me my past would fix me because the moment I turned into a vampire I was already broken. I never felt alive nor happy since then just this uncontrollable desire for something that causes pain for others. I killed humans before... My family tried to control me but my thirst for blood can't be stopped. That's why I decided to go with animal blood. Even though I will never be fully satisfied by it. Human blood drives me crazy... Just one drop of it inside my mouth can turn me into an uncontrollable killer that no one can stop."