Chapter 12 - Hunger (Part One)

Rion stayed in the house Delvin gave him because of his suspension. He arranged and organized the house, removed the cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, and sweep the dust on the floor. He played upbeat music to keep him motivated in working. He felt a very familiar feeling inside the house a lingering sensation of passion. While he was cleaning, he saw old books and notes from Delvin's father. He wiped the dust away from the old journal and saw an initial, J. A. He was about to open the journal until he heard Delvin shouting from the windows. He put down the journal as he opened the rusty window and looked down. El and Sheila were with him and they bought food. Rion quickly ran to the door and welcomed his friends. As they entered the house they smelled a pungent aroma of brewed coffee. Delvin was surprised by the changes Rion did to the house.

"Unbelievable... The last time I saw this place it looked like a typhoon went by. I'm impressed I think cleaning is also one of your flairs."

Rion laughed at Delvin as he greeted El and Sheila. Sheila sat down on the sofa and El fixed the food on the table. Delvin leaned on the wall while playing with an old baseball he saw on top of the shelf. Sheila asked Delvin who owned the place before him.

"It's from my dad, he used to live here when he was still studying in Rochdale. I swear this place is very creepy, my dad kept here his herbs and magical artifacts that I never knew existed."

Sheila tilted her head and looked at Delvin with amazement, "Your dad has a herbal lab here?"

"Well, I can't say it's a lab. It's more like a... Old musty herb storage. I swear you don't want to go there, the place is probably infested by rats by now."

"I say we give it a try. Old house, freshly baked breakfast, and underground lab, a perfect Saturday hang out." Rion said while pouring coffee for his friends.

Sheila gets excited as Delvin tries to find the room. El finished preparing the food and asked everyone to sit down. Rion shouted at Delvin to say that it was time to eat. Delvin grabbed a bagel and ate it. Rion sips his cup of coffee and asked everyone, "How's the girl?"

El and Sheila looked at each other while Delvin is busy eating, "Well... We aren't allowed to see her but based on the rumors they said that the girl hasn't woken up yet."

"That's kind of normal, I mean... The body will take time to handle the vampire blood. It differs from person to person, if the body of the person is weak the vampire blood might be too much for them and might end up killing them or they'll just never wake up. The vampire blood won't work all the time especially if your body rejects it." Sheila replied.

"So... You mean that not everyone can be a vampire?" El asked Sheila.

"The vampire blood is very strong and will change every organ in your body. Your system will become stronger as your body becomes denser. Your body won't need human food because all you need to survive is blood. Some vampires drink from blood bags and some use animal blood, animal-feeders are usually much weaker than human-fed vampires. Vampires are cold-skinned and immortal creatures that are very hard to control. Your body will start to change after you wake up, you can move twice as fast as werewolves, you will also experience superhuman strength, and your eyes will turn into silver like ash with dark veins underneath. Fangs will develop inside your mouth, strong enough to pierce through the skin."